[Solved] Blank GUI

Hi there

I have version 2.4.4 running on a WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra NAS NAS.

My GUI is currently blank. It just has a grey header bar at the top but no text. I have tried opening it up on two different browsers but there's no difference (Chrome and Safari on a Macbook Pro). I've also tried stopping the app and running it again but it doesn't help.

I haven't tried to go into the GUI for quite some time given it's been working pretty well, so I don't know how long it's been like this.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks

That problem will appear if the database files are too big so it takes time to load the UI. Check CPU and RAM of your NAS while you see blank UI. Try to wait for some 10-20 minutes and see if UI will eventually show up. I suppose there are a lot of files in your sync shares?  

a quick fix would be reinstalling. Els,e please send the debug logs from your NAS and details about your RAM and CPU usage.

30 minutes ago, Helen said:

That problem will appear if the database files are too big so it takes time to load the UI. Check CPU and RAM of your NAS while you see blank UI. Try to wait for some 10-20 minutes and see if UI will eventually show up. I suppose there are a lot of files in your sync shares?  

a quick fix would be reinstalling. Els,e please send the debug logs from your NAS and details about your RAM and CPU usage.

Thank you, Helen - you are so right! Yes, I had added a large amount of data on one side, so there were not only lots of files but also lots of files that needed to sync. I waited about 20 minutes and then it all appeared. Patience is clearly not my strong suit!

Appreciate you taking the time to respond!

• GreatMarko changed the title to [Solved] Blank GUI
  • 2 years later...

Hi there - I've just landed here as I have the same issue.  Lots of files.

Can you please rebuild that page so the header and Loading shows immediately, and then whatever needs to happen takes as long as it needs?

A blank GUI suggests the app is broken/dead/problems - it's exactly why I searched here!

Update on this - I'm currently sat at 45 minutes and still nothing on the GUI.  Surely you can't consider this acceptable?  My company builds websites - we would be out of business with this! 🙂

Edited by marky_uk