fie access denied

Joop

Dear all,

I just installed resilio on my ReadyNas 104 and Windows PC, as I hope things will work better if I synchronize the systems.

Now I synchronized two folders, one with free access on my homenetwork and one with restricted acces. The following happens: the first folder synchronizes nicely both ways. The second folder does synchronize as well, however, if a file is created on my PC, and I try to modify or delete that file from my PC directly on the NAS I get a message: File Access Denied. I would require permission from the Unix User\root to do so. And apart form I don't know how to ask, I'd rather decide myself.

Whats going wrong?

thanks for your help,

Joop

the problem is that Sync runs as root on the NAS, and all files synced here are also owned by root. 
to fix that, quit Sync, edit file /apps/resilio-sync/fvapp-resilio-sync.service , add User=admin into [Service] section, start Sync. 
But you'll need to change the owner of the already synced ones, chown them to admin. 

Hi Helen,

thanks for your response. Probably this is going to be a stupid question,...

On my ReadyNas I'm just using the administration program to administrate the system. That will show me the shares, but not a directory apps/resilio-sync/...

There is actually a directory /data/resilio-sync/, but on my NAS I only see a directory /shares/ and from my Windows pc I see there is directory /config/ that I cannot open because of permissions. So, do you have a suggestion for this as well?

Do I have to change a similar setting on my windows PC as well?

best regards,

Joop

Dear Helen,

I set up ssh (happy that I used unix some 15 years ago, ....), made the changes and still have some issues.

In some of the subdirectories things work fine now, however in the root of the synchronized directory it is not. This directory is called "Joop" (surprise), and if I create a new file on my PC in this Joop directory, it is copied to the NAS, however still with the root as owner.

any new suggestions?

Joop