Resilio Sync Slower on 2.4 than 2.3 BtSync?

farrsight

I haven't had much time to do upgrades and had BTSync 2.3.7 build 451 running on my Linux hosting server until last night.  I have been connecting to it from my Win10 x64 system which is already running Resilio 2.4.4 b732 for quite some time. 

So I upgraded to Resilio on the linux host and used the same storage folders.  However, I get much slower performance when syncing.  I've kept both installs on the linux host for testing purposes.  If I run the newer 2.3.7 client on Linux I max out at around 18-20mbps at best and it takes much longer for it to ramp-up to speed and it doesn't seem to hold that 18-20mbps for long before it drops back down and slowly ramps up again.  Whereas if i kill the 2.3.7 client and reactivate the older 2.4.4 btsync linux client it ramps up to speed much faster and it peaks out at 30mbps and holds steady there for longer periods of time.

Both clients have identical settings in the advanced options so no funny tweaks there.

On 2/21/2017 at 8:36 PM, farrsight said:

the newer 2.3.7 client ....max out at around 18-20mbps at best .
 if i kill the 2.3.7 client and reactivate the older 2.4.4 btsync linux client it ramps up to speed much faster and it peaks out at 30mbps and holds steady there for longer periods of time.

so which is actually slower, 2.3. or 2.4? From the title it seems that 2.4, from the quote - it seems that 2.3?  there is a typo in "newer 2.3.7 " vs "older 2.4.4 btsync"? 
Please contact support with debug logs to investigate this.