Sync only new items possible?

goTAN

I was using resilio sync now for a while for syncing and backing up photos between 3 devices. One Device was always the one adding new photos which were synced to my NAS. When any other device was deleting photos in their folders, the photo won't be deleted from the server. The third device was always getting photos and deletes them locally (and imports them to other photo libs).

This worked actually pretty well. Unfortunately my NAS died (only the OS not the DATA) and I had to set everything up again. The problem ist that the sync folder of the device which adds the photo already contains tons of photos which I don't want to sync again. The folder with all the synced photos on my NAS is still there. So basically I want to setup the same folders but only start syncing when _new_ photos come in. It that possible? And if it is ,  how?

What you could do is you could add a prefix to the names of the files you don't want to sync from Side A to Side B and add this to the SyncIgnore file (please see help.getsync.com)

Or you could put them in a specific folder that does not sync also taking advantage of the SyncIgnore file.

But other than that I can't think of anything else :)

Thanks, I was able (with the help of the support) restore the old database.

I am now just trying to figure out how to add more devices where the "server" always contains all photos of all devices. But I guess that will be another thread.