Syncing and portable drives

The scenario is I have sync pro connected at my office and my NAS at home - this works great, however, my upload from the office is SOOO slow and I generate upwards of 100gb of new files everyday, which means by the time I get home, the syncing is no where close to being done.

I have a portable 2TB USB drive that is fully synced, so the thought was I leave work, and then attach to my computer at home,  in the hopes that it would sync over LAN to my NAS and be brought up to date very quickly, however, it sat and indexed for 4+ hours before I killed it (I have maybe 2TB and 20,000 files on that share). I'm guessing its because it does not share the index files from the work sync and is treating it as a fresh drive with prexisting files (correct?)

Any thoughts or suggestions? I know the portable version of sync doesn't work anymore, and I tried using my phone, but for whatever reason, I can't seem to access my external drive via sync (nexus 6p). I was thinking of a portable raspberry pi 3 setup that I take back and forth to work, but I was hoping there was something a bit more streamlined and not so bulky