harryPotter

How to enable auto sync in Resilio Android app?

I noticed that the Resilio Sync Android app requires users to do these steps in order to sync files:

1. Open Sync app
  2. Go into the Sync folder
  3. Select all files available for sync
  4. Click on the SYNC (download) button

Is there a way to make the app automatically sync (download) all files that are available?

The Windows version of Sync doesn't require users to do all of these steps.  It automatically updates and syncs all files in the shared folder.  How do we set the Android app to do the same thing?

I noticed a button called SELECTIVE SYNC but after reading this blog about it, the answer still isn't very clear?

https://www.resilio.com/blog/selectively-syncing-folders-and-files-with-bittorrent-sync

It would be more clear if the button was named, "SYNC ALL".  Does SELECTIVE SYNC mean the same thing as SYNC ALL or the exact opposite?

Also, my SELECTIVE SYNC button was enabled by default, so it seems like it was the opposite setting of what the blog said it should be, which was to have sync all enabled.

SOLVED:

After running some tests, I think the SELECTIVE SYNC does mean the opposite of SYNC ALL.  By default, this was enabled on my app so it was confusing because the blog said that SYNC ALL was supposed to be the default setting.  So, if you want to sync all items in a folder, then this must be disabled.

I have similar question that Android (Samsung Edge 7) does not seem to automatically sync. I have to open the app and then it will kick off syncing. I don't have to go into each of the individual folders to initiate sync as the previous user is having to do but it seems to require that I at least open the app to initiate. When I look in the notification bar it shows sync as running. What are we missing?

On 17.3.2017 at 2:32 AM, Michael A said:

I have similar question that Android (Samsung Edge 7) does not seem to automatically sync. I have to open the app and then it will kick off syncing. I don't have to go into each of the individual folders to initiate sync as the previous user is having to do but it seems to require that I at least open the app to initiate. When I look in the notification bar it shows sync as running. What are we missing?

Same problem here, running Android 6.0.1 on a Nexus 5. Sync is running, as show in the notification bar, but it's not syncing. As soon as I open the app, it syncs, but it doesn't work in the background.

On 17/03/2017 at 2:32 AM, Michael A said:

What are we missing?

- consider that Selective Sync is disabled,

- An experimental explanation: When a new file is arriving in a btsync folder, an Android internal messaging system is supposed to inform Sync that a folder has been updated, so does the Sync run on it. But in certain cases the Android messaging doesn't seem to work. So, btsync ignores that an update occured. For this case, btsync will regularly try to resync each folder, let's say each 15 minutes. So, you just have to forget it and it will be synced. 

The curiosity is that Resilio don't communicate on this. I can't understand why. Apple computers have not an internal messaging system, so is there an interface parameter which does two thing: it informs us and let us modify the delay, or even manually force the sync.

That's the response I got from the support:

To enable application to work in the background please make sure that:
1. "Use Notifications" option is enabled in Sync. Turn it on in Android Settings -> Apps -> Sync.

2. Set higher priority for Sync application in Android settings -> Sounds&notifications -> App notifications. Also check battery settings, it may happen that background applications are force-killed for battery saving.

3. Check Wi-Fi settings. It may happen that it set up in a such way that it drops connection when screen is locked. In that case synchronization stops too. 

4. If you have optimizing or task killing programs - make sure that they are not affecting Sync.

5. Also Sync will stop his work if Auto-sleep mode turned on and there is not transfers at the moment: https://help.getsync.com/hc/en-us/articles/204762699-Configuring-Auto-Sleep-Battery-Saver-Android-