Files not sync'ing when modified without Resilio running

stigzler

Hi folks,

This is a question around how Resilio works. I am running it on an old laptop:

Core Duo T660 @ 2.2GHz
4GB Mem
Windows 10

When Resilio running in the background, it uses around 50% cpu. I've tried all the workarounds - disabling lan encryption, deep folder scanning etc. Disk-low-priority to true etc, but CPU uasage still really high.

So came up with the idea of modifying files when Resilio not running and then running Resilio once I've finished working on them to sync to the other PCs on my LAN. 

However, when I do it this way, the files do not appear to sync. I.e. there is the 'local version' on my laptop and then the local versions on the other pcs. 

When I have resilio running and modify a file on my laptop, then this does sync to my other LAN computers.

Is there any way to be able to have modified files sync if they are modified whilst resilio is not running?

thanks

Resilio will pick up changes over time.  This setting is "folder scan interval" and after that the files that got changed will sync.

Of course only if they are not locked by some application that is accessing it at this moment. Then Sync will skip them - but it should give you a popup telling you that there is a locked file.

Normally Sync re-indexes / re-scans all folders after you restart Sync. Depending on how many shares you have added to sync and how large they are this could take a couple of minutes to show a change to a single file on the other peers.