kingloui4556

High CPU usage on macOS

Recommended Posts

I'm having trouble with sync 2.4.4 on macOS, it seems that a markdown file in one of my git repos is making some trouble.
CPU usage is at 104% on macOS 10.12.4. When I delete the markdown file the CPU usage drops to normal levels.

The log file is growing to 50 mb in a few seconds with the md file present.

There was another bugreport on this forum, suggesting that it has something to to with the filecontent/filename but my problem seems to be a bit different: if I replace the filecontents it doesn't help but if I rename the file to something else the problem is gone. When I change the name back to README.md the CPU usage starts rising back to 104%.

This is an excerpt of the log:

[20170406 17:44:16.331] FC[1EF6]: fs event for entry "/Users/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/Synced/db_personal/proj_personal/basekit/tpl_app_basekit/vendor/kingloui/cakephp-basekit-users/README.md" t:1491493434 s:512 id:16777220:13983402 type:1
[20170406 17:44:16.331] FC[1EF6]: fs event for entry "/Users/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/Synced/db_personal/proj_personal/basekit/tpl_app_basekit/vendor/kingloui/cakephp-basekit-users/README.md" t:1491493434 s:512 id:16777220:13983402 type:1
[20170406 17:44:16.331] FC[1EF6]: fs event for entry "/Users/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/Synced/db_personal/proj_personal/basekit/tpl_app_basekit/vendor/kingloui/cakephp-basekit-users/README.md" t:1491493434 s:512 id:16777220:13983402 type:1
[20170406 17:44:16.331] FC[1EF6]: fs event for entry "/Users/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/Synced/db_personal/proj_personal/basekit/tpl_app_basekit/vendor/kingloui/cakephp-basekit-users/README.md" t:1491493434 s:512 id:16777220:13983402 type:1
[20170406 17:44:16.331] FC[1EF6]: fs event for entry "/Users/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/Synced/db_personal/proj_personal/basekit/tpl_app_basekit/vendor/kingloui/cakephp-basekit-users/README.md" t:1491493434 s:512 id:16777220:13983402 type:1
[20170406 17:44:16.331] FC[1EF6]: fs event for entry "/Users/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/Synced/db_personal/proj_personal/basekit/tpl_app_basekit/vendor/kingloui/cakephp-basekit-users/README.md" t:1491493434 s:512 id:16777220:13983402 type:1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

unfortunately I dont have the log file anymore and now it seems I can not replicate the issue. I seems I solved it by renaming the file end replacing the content multiple times.

If the bug occurs again I will post the logs here. As I remember there wasn't happening anything else in the log file beside the entries I posted in my original post. As soon as I added the File to the folder it started spamming the filesystem events. Maybe it is a bug of the fs watch lib you're using.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.