Resilience to Poor Network Conditions and Interruptions

What can be said about the ability of Sync to handle extremely poor and unreliable network conditions?  A normal BitTorrent download can typically be interrupted and restarted without losing what has already been downloaded.  But I am trying to use Sync to move files internationally while using slow or unreliable WiFi connections and have found that Sync must "start over" from zero when the transfer of a big file is interrupted.  I was hoping that it would be more robust.  Could somebody comment on this or point me to any existing threads or resources about this issue?  Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In my experience on large files and slow connections, there was no need to start over. When the connection is back, Sync always picks up where it ended.

Please not that in the UI (on Windows) it looks like it's starting over (actually it is starting over, but only for the bytes that were left unsynced) - the progress circle in the Status column always starts at 0% after interruption. But if you hover mouse over it you will see the details and the remaining time getting shorter every time the progress continues. Try it out yourself, I think you'll be satisfied with the results -- but probably not with the info you get from the UI, because it's not telling everything. You can also try it on a good connection, using "Pause" and "Resume" - the behaviour is the same, it always gets back to 0% but continues to sync from where it left.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just tried the latest one. Guys that's bad. I just removed the network cable for couple of secs and the sync was restarted. Originally I wanted to sync 200GB+ but seems I cannot do with this tool. I really thought that this is kind of a basic or even base feature to resume the transfer where it left off.