jgraff

Unable to access the repo (OpenSuse Linux)

Hello,

I managed to get resilio sync up and running on my new install of OpenSuse Leap 42.2.  However, I tried to update my repos and zypper came back with the error:

"Permission to access 'http://linux-packages.resilio.com/resilio-sync/rpm/x86_64/media.1/media' denied."

I looked in Yast and noticed that there is no GPG key there for resilio, though I did import it using the prescribed method in the documentation.  Thinking that might be the problem, I reimported it, to no effect.

Any tips?

I am also having trouble with this.  Does anyone have a resolution?

FYI, I was able to get rid of the error message by setting "type=plaindir" in the .repo file, but it still doesn't find anything newer than version 2.4.4-1 of resilio-sync, which is already installed.

Compatibility with latest zypper will be fixed. Meanwhile, you can manually download the 2.5. binary either from the forum or our site and replace 

This started happening again. Installed Sync through the repo last week. Now I get "Access Denied" even when visiting the

https://linux-packages.resilio.com/resilio-sync/rpm/ URL directly in my web browser.

In order to confirm whether it's a problem with Zypper, or the repository itself.

If I did not get a permission error in the browser, then I would have started troubleshooting Zypper. Seeing the error in the browser let me know that it's a service problem that I can't do anything about, so I shouldn't spend any time looking into ways to fix it.

Anyone will be denied access - it's not indicating any problem with repo. Access there is configured to be indeed denied trough browser. 

compatibility with zypper is not yet fixed, though, sorry. Please manually download and update the binary. Thanks! 

This issue has been around for a long time.  Is there some problem with zypper that's keeping this from being resolved?  I'm happy to vote for bugzilla.opensuse.org reports, if that's a blocker to getting this fixed.