Too many connections when transfer a couple of large files from Ubuntu

kvv213

Hello every one!

I've faced a problem that is very curious. I have an installation of Resilio Sync at Ubuntu 16.04 LTS Headless x64 server that is connedted directly to open internet via ZyXel Giga II. I also have almost the same configuration (2Gb ram instead of 4Gb) that is located at grey internet site. I have a VPN L3 channel between these two sites with helpt of ZyXel and Ipsec server at the second Ubuntu.

When I need to sync a couple of large (>1 Gb, movie rips) files from Ubuntu behind ZyXel to Ubuntu at the grey zone I have a trouble with the server and ZyXel. Resilio opens too much connections that almost freezes Ubuntu itself and ZyXel all together. If I stop Resilio - verything is fine. If I launch it - too many connections and great freezes.

Is there a way how to reduce the total amount of connections at Linux Resilio?

2 hours ago, Helen said:

I don't think that it's configurable. And by too many connections, what you mean and how do you check these? 

I can check the amount of connection at the router. It shows every connect wit its origin. Also I can use netstat or ss at Ubuntu and it demonstrates connections tied to apps.

Too many means more than 300.... And it seems that they are too powerfull.