Sync 2.5 no peers

19 hours ago, Helen said:

Looks like the problem is ssl tunnel. You can either update all peers to v2.5., or leave them for a while so that the reconnect, as @mr.canada notices, it takes a while to establish the tunnel. The fix is being worked on and will be released asap.

Today it is the same. No peers for those folders. Some of the other peers can't be updated by me (and some are in Qnap nas that has not been updated yet).

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/26/2017 at 7:45 AM, Helen said:

Looks like the problem is ssl tunnel. You can either update all peers to v2.5., or leave them for a while so that the reconnect, as @mr.canada notices, it takes a while to establish the tunnel. The fix is being worked on and will be released asap.

Will there be updates to the NAS packages so we can upgrade all peers to 2.5? I can only find 2.4 in the Synology area.

• 1 month later...

I sync between personal devices and rented server space where I have limited (no) admin privileges. This issue has me dead in the water with version 2.44 on my server instance of Resilio that I don't have the ability to update or manually assign the IP:Port, since the web interface settings are overwritten by a config file that I also can't access, and version 2.5.6 on the sync devices I can update. I'd downgrade my devices but I can't find a 2.4 OSX installer file. I have a ticket open with the server requesting a manual update to 2.5 ... but that might take a week to happen. Any advice in the meantime? (besides never updating before the server instance again!)

5 minutes ago, ellw said:

You may download any Resilio version from this page https://forum.resilio.com/tags/build/

ellw ... THANKS! Super helpful and would have solved my issue even though I didn't use your link. Almost don't want to say this, but writing the post made me realize that I probably had an old installer on one of my machines even though I couldn't find it online ... and I did: 2.4.4. Wiped 2.5.6 and reinstalled local versions of 2.4.4 and immediately started syncing with my server instance. In retrospect, I believe this exact server/device version incompatibility issue happened to me a couple years ago (BT Sync days) and back then I re-arranged our workflow to take the rented server space out of the file sync equation. I understand the issue now and I'm going to be much slower on the update draw from here out.

• 2 weeks later...

I's happening again, and there has been no change in any server (no upgrades). Only folders that use "rastreator" are connected. I need predefined hosts to be running.

I do not like to use rastreator or relay, as some of my content are private data from customers of the company. Is it safe and private to use relay and rastreator?

44 minutes ago, Helen said:

what is rastreator? 
it's safe to use relay, though speed of syncing will be slower than that when peers are connected directly. 

In Spanish "Rastreador" is just below "use relay" in folder preferences. I don't know the name in English Sync.

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same issue and opened a ticket with support and they weren't helpful (that's being nice, they literally wasted my time and told me in the end this, is normal that the connections keep going off-line on a "busy server". Over 5 days of outages). In the end, I decided to downgrade to 2.4.5 (I strongly recommend you save all your versions and # them) and peers returned and syncing is working. Overall, it appears the newer versions are having more and more issues. I don't upgrade unless there is a specific issue now. I'm very pissed at support.

18 minutes ago, BensTech said:

I had the same issue and opened a ticket with support and they weren't helpful (that's being nice, they literally wasted my time and told me in the end this, is normal that the connections keep going off-line on a "busy server". Over 5 days of outages). In the end, I decided to downgrade to 2.4.5 (I strongly recommend you save all your versions and # them) and peers returned and syncing is working. Overall, it appears the newer versions are having more and more issues. I don't upgrade unless there is a specific issue now. I'm very pissed at support.

Look at this:

With 2.5.7 in my NAS the problem has been solved. But the version in app center is older. Just download the new directly form qnap and install it. It goes ok.

The version of Resilio which was experiencing this issue was Windows 2.5.7 64 bit edition. There's no way I'm upgrading ANY of my systems (Windows, Mac, QNAP) which running well under 2.4.x to 2.5.x until Resilio documents it's fixed in their future release notes and folks stop reporting problems in the forums. These forums are more valuable than support, which is sad.

4 hours ago, BensTech said:

The version of Resilio which was experiencing this issue was Windows 2.5.7 64 bit edition. There's no way I'm upgrading ANY of my systems (Windows, Mac, QNAP) which running well under 2.4.x to 2.5.x until Resilio documents it's fixed in their future release notes and folks stop reporting problems in the forums. These forums are more valuable than support, which is sad.

2.5.7 has solved these issues for me. I have it running in Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and QNAP NAS.

Resilio support offering me to beta test some internal build of 2.5 to see if it fixes the "disappearing peers". No thanks on beta testing a version. I downgraded to 2.4.5 and my setup (2 peers over VPN tunnel w/using predefined and just the Search LAN) instantly started working again. I'm still waiting for the working 2.4.5 index/syncing to catch up for about 5-6 days of outage. I'm still pissed about that.

I'm really sorry that it took that long to investigate the case and compile a special Sync build for the reported issue. The support team does its best to help everyone asap, but some cases  require more time for proper investigation than others. Support does not ignore anyone and treats each reported issue individually. 

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...