Evaluating Sync -- Coming from Syncthing

I'm new to Sync, having used Syncthing for months now. I'm looking for an alternative because Synthing between my NAS and dedicated server is just incredibly slow. Anyways, I do have a question about Sync. Here's how I've set it up so far:

• Added folder on dedi, chose Read Only. Let's call this Node A.
  • Manually added connection on NAS, chose local folder with 85% of the same files on Node A. We'll call the NAS Node B.

So one thing I'm encountering with Sync is that it seems to want to transfer everything from Node A to B even though most of the files already exist in Node B.

Another issue is that it's notified me of 5 locked files in Node A. I've gone and rectified the permissions problems, but even after 24 hours, Sync tells me they're still locked when in fact they're not.

Thanks for the help!

On 12. 5. 2017 at 5:29 PM, lunarboy said:

So one thing I'm encountering with Sync is that it seems to want to transfer everything from Node A to B even though most of the files already exist in Node B.

Are you sure it actually wants to transfer the files? Maybe it's just indexing them to check if they're the same or not. Usually that happens when you add a new folder and Sync has to insure that every byte is the same. This looks like transferring but it's actually just building database and hashes. It looks the same from the UI perspective, but there's not much network traffic.

I do see both sending/receiving and up/down speed in the UI. But the estimate for when the sync will be completed is "a month" and the up/down speed is maxed out to the speed of my connection.  In doing the math, it looks like Sync wants to transfer all 2.8 TB as opposed to just the missing 420 GB, which should only take about 4.5 days.

Thanks, I decided that Sync was not right for me. As a user I like a little more verbose progress information than just the overall progress. Seeing which files are being transferred, and what the application is doing currently (scanning, transferring, etc.) are important to me.