automatic sync

euromax

hi, i have  recently  found that i can only sync files from android to comp when the android app is open , basically it has become a manual situation. i want it to be automatic. what settings do i need to make sure that happens . it used to do this but something has changed. i have desktop 2.5 sync pro and android 2.5.1 .

thanks

That's the response I once received from support:

To enable application to work in the background please make sure that:
1. "Use Notifications" option is enabled in Sync. Turn it on in Android Settings -> Apps -> Sync.

2. Set higher priority for Sync application in Android settings -> Sounds&notifications -> App notifications. Also check battery settings, it may happen that background applications are force-killed for battery saving.

3. Check Wi-Fi settings. It may happen that it set up in a such way that it drops connection when screen is locked. In that case synchronization stops too. 

4. If you have optimizing or task killing programs - make sure that they are not affecting Sync. 

5. Also Sync will stop his work if Auto-sleep mode turned on and there is not transfers at the moment: https://help.getsync.com/hc/en-us/articles/204762699-Configuring-Auto-Sleep-Battery-Saver-Android-

thanks for the reply, i changed the sleep to check every 5 min( it was 30) and checked goto sleep if no activity, but alas it still is not syncing every 5 min. i still have to do it manually infront of my comp and having  the resillio app on in my phone. this never used to happen before. something changed when ap went resillio, fyi i have kit kat android

nothing was changed in the code when switching from BitTorrent To Resilio, and that was around one year ago. Have you been experiencing this issue for about a year already?
what are these files
where they are located - sd card or internal memory
does sync actually run or is killed by the system?
is the phone connected to other peers when waking up?
Please reproduce the problem, contact support from the app, attach the logs and mention which files exactly and in which share are not uploaded. 

hi, again thanks for the quick reply. so updated the latest android update . it worked yesterday as it should. took a pic and when i got back to my comp  it had transferred . i will be doing tests over the weekend to make sure it keeps doing as it should. not sure why its working now, maybe something in update?? desktop 2.5(952), android latest version

as for your questions...

files are pics

sd card

its supposed to run auotmatically (have it set to 5Min) i believe sync ran and was not killed by system just did not transfer the files.

not connected to other peers.

thanks again

hi, so i did more tests over the weekend (took pics a different times and hoped they would be transferred to comp when i got back) and the issue is still there. ie transfers only happen when i open the android app . i do have the autosleep checked but set to 5min checks for any changes. i assume if it notices a change ..a  new pic in folder it would then transfer automatically. thats what it used to do. i never had to open the android app before . again i appreciate the help.