Force Rescan -- Validate

davision

It has happened too often that some of my subfolders get out of sync.  They just aren't replicated identically on all devices.  I will have folders created but nothing inside of them on some devices, while there are hundreds of files on the original device where the files were created.

I don't know why this happens and it shouldn't happen.  However once the problem is discovered, it should be easily to remedy.  Add a Force Rescan or Validate or Resync or some type of catch-all error-checking button which will validate if a sync is proper and complete on all devices and immediately addresses the problem if they are not.

It could be done for an entire shared folder -- but also just to have the option for a subfolder would be ideal since presumably it would be faster.

I have been asking for this for over two years.   It seems like an obvious inclusion and it is certainly necessary based on how many times my devices have failed to have fully proper synced subfolders.

In theory that should work, but it doesn't.

I would say at least a dozen times I have had folders which remain unsynced for days and days while other ones are fine.  There needs to be a stronger comprehensive error-checking function that can be enabled when there is a problem.

On 30/05/2017 at 4:50 PM, davision said:

....There needs to be a stronger comprehensive error-checking function that can be enabled when there is a problem.

There is - you can enable debug logging.

Do be aware though that Sync can't sync files that are open/locked/in-use by other applications - which may be the reason why some of your files are not immediately syncing

That is just a logging tool.  I'm asking for a feature that would search for mismatches comprehensively and fix them.

The problem is not related to locked files.  It's entire folders with hundreds of files that will are unsynced.  Usually it corrects itself eventually but it can literally take days for it to resolve.

On 03/06/2017 at 7:52 PM, davision said:

The problem is not related to locked files.  It's entire folders with hundreds of files that will are unsynced.  Usually it corrects itself eventually but it can literally take days for it to resolve.

Sounds more like it may potentially be a bug.

I've moved this to the troubleshooting forum, but you may also wish to open a support ticket.

• 2 years later...

Hi, I am seeing the same issue. Any idea why this happens? I am syncing with 3 locations. Sometimes files appear in 2 out of 3. All seem to make it eventually but not immediately, sometimes it takes hours. 

I have tried reducing the rescan_folder_interval from 600 to 120 seconds. How can I find out how long it takes to rescan so that i can adjust accordingly. My folder has 200,000 files in 20,000 folders and currently 1 terabyte.