File download location

Hi,

We develop an alternative firmware for LACIE NAS (ARM version) and we added support for resilio (http://plugout.net).

In your last  version, I see a new option "File download location".  Currently I do not understand the purpose of this option.

I did not find how to change the default value "/Resilio Sync" which is very bad on our fimrware. So How I can change this default value so that it may be right with our environment.

Anyhow I see this option handles the options "directory_root" and "directory_root_policy" set in the conf file as if the user wants to change the default value, the folder tree is built in accordance with these options.

Well, seems to be a bad way.

You use now an integrity check on settings

The file '/share/1004/btsync/settings.dat' was damaged or missing. It has been recovered.

and I assume by using the option '.fileguard'

So how can I prevent an overload on the system partition if the user does not change this default path value ?

Thank you, RomanZ for this feedback.

Temporarily, we will add a symlink "/Resilio Sync"  on the system partition towards /dev/null to avoid any overloading.

Otherwise, I did not find information on some "un-documented" config options. For example like  "display_new_version" or "context" which seems very handy or force_https, ...(or I did not succeed to find where they are available)

Is there somewhere an advanced doc for setting config file?

Thank you RomanZ.

At least the main settings are here. About option "context" I already know how to use it with the sub-option "folder_blacklist" but maybe there are other sub-options...

on version 2.5.2  (966), I also noted the link in  sample-config output (option --dump-sample-config) is down: "http://help.getsync.com/customer/portal/articles/1902048-sync-advanced-preferences--more-options"

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/05/2017 at 1:51 PM, RomanZ said:

@jocko

I confirm the fact that "files_default_path" cannot be configured via config file now. Editing settings.dat is bad option - it is bencoded and protected in our internal format and we assume no one else changes it. We'll make it configurable in one of future builds.

I see that version 2.5.4 allows now to configure this option via the config file :D

Thank you