vigilian

best nas version or docker version on nas ?

Hi,

I would like to know if it would be better to use the nas version directly on a nas as synology or qnap / OR use the docker version for those who can run docker on their nas ?

thanks in advance

it's about the whole concept of apparmor. 

since we need to open ports for direct connection what would be the more secure if someone find a way to breach out your protocol ? and so to limit the access in case of breaching ? 

@vigilian Same as for pretty much any application. If you open some ports, you trust the application. Sync passed 3rd party security review in the past, and no vulnerabilities has been found.

@vigilian Well, it depends on what are you going to protect to. It won't help you to protect the data managed by application you place in the container. But, it will protect your host from compromised application, if any.

yes that what I was meaning earlier but to do that properly, the resilio container should'nt be using root but a special user for that.

But I guess i should ask that on github ?