Resilio Sync with iOS 11 Files App / FileProvider API

I am also very interested in this.

The one thing keeping me from switching to iOS from Android is because Resilio Sync is sort of crippled on iOS. For example:

On Android: I can sync my phone to an entire folder on my computer and simply open those files with whatever app I want. If I delete the file on my computer it automatically is deleted from my phone.

On iOS: Files are added to the Resilio app and then need to be copied to the other app on the phone which doubles the storage needed for every file. If I delete the file on my computer, the file does get deleted in the iOS app, but I still need to manually delete it from every app the file has been copied to.

• 3 weeks later...

If I understand the capabilities of the FileProvider API and how Resilio could makes of them, I can see this allowing me to mostly ditch Dropbox. For my own personal use, I have to maintain a Dropbox account because so many iOS apps depend on Dropbox sync files.  

Edited by Lee Joramo

• 2 months later...

I would also very much appreciate a quick response to this. Currently there are a number of programs for the iOS that I am avoiding solely because it would be a pain to move files back and forth to use them, the most prominent being Affinity Photo. A proper integration of Sync would be a tremendous boost to my productivity on iOS. 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Helen said:

The team's aware of Files app and integration with it.  It'll be added to backlog when possible. 

Thanks for the response, Helen. I know you're all busy working on Resilio, but I feel like right now the current user community could benefit from some transparency. For example, while you may feel that your response is sufficient, many of us are wondering 1) what could be a higher priority right now and 2) why it took someone from support 4 months after my initial post to just to confirm that the team is aware of said feature. 

Please consider being a bit more transparent, as it will instill confidence in the users, and it may prevent people from switching to other providers.

You're right and there're some other tasks that the developers are working on. They have to prioritize having quite limited resources only. Thank you for understanding. 

On 10/27/2017 at 5:06 PM, hungarianhc said:

2) why it took someone from support 4 months after my initial post to just to confirm that the team is aware of said feature. 

The team are always aware of new features in the platforms they're working with. To get the quick reply from support, please contact support. Thank you. 

• 8 months later...