renaming rslsv file removes it from other devices

ilyas

Hi! I have renamed .rslsv file and it disappeared from NAS where was original file. Also, if i download file and rename it, Sync uploads this file again.

As far as i tested, Sync can't sync comments to file, if i use Comments in macos. Am i correct?

Thank you.

On 6/21/2017 at 5:56 PM, ilyas said:

renamed .rslsv file and it disappeared from NAS where was original file.

That does not reproduce in the lab. Please give more details about  this case: what Sync version you use, how the folder's share, on which platform you renamed the file, how exactly you renamed it,  was Selective Sync enabled in Sync on NAS? etc. Check Archive folder on NAS and see if the file is there . If it reproduces in your setup, please collect the logs from both peers to support. Here's instruction

if i download file and rename it, Sync uploads this file again.

any details? where it uploads it again? 

Sync can't sync comments to file, if i use Comments in macos.

comments, depending on how you add them, are most likely written to extended files' attributes (so called xattrs) . To sync those, add them to .sync/streams file on both peers. 
https://help.resilio.com/hc/en-us/articles/204754729-Alt-Streams-and-Xattrs-in-Sync

Thank you for the reply! Here is my setup.

I use version 2.5.3 on my macbook pro. Macos 10.12.5 Second Sync was on NAS Synology Diskstation 414j version 2.5.4

I have added advanced folder on NAS, then used Selective Sync... hm.. i'm trying to reproduce this things and everything seems to be working. I have updated mac to 2.5.4 and enabled "store deleted files to archive". Actually, i enabled this thing when my file was deleted as i described earlier. And the other reason to enable it was user manual where i found that i can set auto delete timer to 3-5 days.

Thank you for help!