Questions about .sync and Archive folders

YI WANG

I used Syno for over 1 yrs. And I am feeling confusion about exactly purpose of these folders.

I know those long hash filename file is temporary files which are not yet finished receiving from others or my other peers. But what is the files in Archive folder? For example, I found some of the "full" files in the Archive folder, and I didn't delete any of those. 

A long time ago, I experienced a hard time about my precise photos missing event, and I found them in Archive folder with 0 bytes, and I didn't noticed the size of those missing files, so I moved them back the "normal" position(out of the Archive folder), and finally, those 0 bytes are totally missing for ever.

So my question is, if I didn't delete files in normal folder, and I found some of "full" files in Archive folder, what I can do?

Is it safe to move the "full" files back to the normal position? or I just left them alone and wait the Syno to deal with them?

Thanks in advance. @Helen

Yi.

No official reply for 2 days... really a little disappointment. And just some time ago some unknown error just happened and two of my shared folders are missing and the folders names were changed to some random chars such like xT9J8o or some alike.

The Syno said the folders are missing, so then I chose the correct folder on the local computer and found tons of the files are moved to Archive folder, what I can do now? I hope the sync can move them back in short time but the hope is almost gone. I set the archive ttl to 1 day so I need to move quick in case the Syno delete those normal files in Archive folder forever!

@Helen

Sorry for the dreadful delay in my reply!! If you have an urgent case, please contact support team directly. Thank you. 

Here you can learn some information about .sync and Archive.

https://help.resilio.com/hc/en-us/articles/206217185-What-is-sync-folder-

Archive folder keeps old versions of file and files deleted from other peers. Zero sized files are not moved to Archive by design 

50 minutes ago, YI WANG said:

And just some time ago some unknown error just happened and two of my shared folders are missing and the folders names were changed to some random chars such like xT9J8o or some alike.

Any details please? From here it disappeared, where was it renamed? Note, that Sync is technically not capable of renaming anything on a disk, so it' very unlikely related to Sync. 

51 minutes ago, YI WANG said:

I hope the sync can move them back in short time but the hope is almost gone.

Sync is not supposed to move files from Archive. Do that manually.