Has anyone had success with Dell SonicWall and opening up the right ports for Resilio? IT Department is having trouble configuring correctly.

I set a standard listening port for our devices, but our devices behind the SonicWALL are still using the relay servers. It is likely user error on our end.

This may not be enough information, but I can ask for additional details if there are any expert firewall users/staff reading this.

I am told we have an NSA-2600 with the December 2016 firmware.

I'm not sure I can help troubleshoot why you can't get the ports to forward but I can confirm that Sonicwall works with sync.  I personally have a NSA-2400 and about 6 other offices with different Sonicwalls that work with no issues.

6 hours ago, ekim501 said:

I'm not sure I can help troubleshoot why you can't get the ports to forward but I can confirm that Sonicwall works with sync.  I personally have a NSA-2400 and about 6 other offices with different Sonicwalls that work with no issues.

Thanks ekim501, I'll keep looking around for the right information for the SonicWall itself.

As for Resilio, is this KB article still the go-to reference? I read it as follows:

1. unblock http://config.getsync.com/sync.conf
  2. Define a listening port for peers behind firewall
  3. Open listening port at the firewall
  4. Open Multicast UDP, 239.192.0.0 port 3838 and 192.168.1.255

I keep seeing a reference to a sync.conf file for ports and addresses. Do these tracker addresses and ports need to be unblocked at the firewall?

As a side note, do pre-defined hosts play into this? Would this help or hinder?

Edited by hoochalaffa

On 6/28/2017 at 1:46 AM, hoochalaffa said:

Do these tracker addresses and ports need to be unblocked at the firewall?

yes, tracker is necessary for peer discovery. You can do without it and use Predefined hosts instead. However, if direct connection between hosts is not possible, relay is still necessary.