My folder start to re-download everthing

hibrid0

Hi guys, In this days my resilio lost the identity and I re-add the folder again and again.

But I re-add and all work fine again.

I see the option to try the pro version, and I try to link the devices, I see is a bit diferen sync folder on the link devices.

I have many folder and sync on diferenct folder on my remote and local computer and when I sync devices find a location for all. Then I unlink the devices and  re-add the folders.

Now I have a problem because resilio say downloading a lot of files on my folders, I dont delete the folder on the origina place and dont delete the files on the local location.

Now I see my files on both devices, but with a lot of files on queue. The total size of the folder on queue.

I see the time zone and is fine on both computers are the same timezone and time.

I feel this problem when I start the trial of pro version.

You can see the files in queue for two reasons:
1) pees are just merging folder tree.

2) they are indeed re-syncing files. 
From your description it looks like you wanted to connect the folders with already pre-synced files? If you see the files re-downloading, then please check the paths in Sync UI and make sure that path indeed points to the pre-seeded folder. If its it, then it's most likely merging folder tree. 

Sorry, this is most I can say having this much information about the case. 

I have this problem regularly, and often have to delete the Sync DB on the problematic peer and re-add the folder. The problem manifests as status resets to syncing the entirety of the Sync folder, and one peer always fails to ever complete syncing, hence the delete-and-readd. Over and over and over.

Sometimes it just stays on all the files needing to be synced, and sometimes it then switches and says it is downloading 1 file forever.

ResilioSync1.thumb.png.0e59fffdc881ba1dd6d37cfc62495e70.pngResilioSync2.thumb.png.01f792caa88a3d27e9e8d03ce649e196.png595c3ad269f3a_ScreenShot2017-07-04at8_57_40PM.thumb.png.ab9e4d4f710000261c633942f0d12471.png

Edited by repertor

I think I'm seeing the exact same problem.  Im on Mac, and have tried the following, which should solve all syncing problems, but does NOT....

-remove the shared folder from within Resilio Sync on all clients

-delete Library - Application Support - Resilio Sync on all clients

-Launch Resilio Sync, create a new Standard folder on one machine

-Add key to rest of clients, "Folder Not Empty, Continue?" = yes

Double check that I've pointed all of the clients to the exact same path (I have), expect the folders to become synchronized... cry a small tear as Resilio reports that all 1 MILLION files are queued to be sent to all clients, but none actually begin moving, and clients becomes unstable with 100% cpu usage for 24+ hours.

Something happened with v2.5.x that created this bug.  I can't put my finger on it, but I'm sure it is a recent problem.   Is it a known issue?  what is the most recent stable version that does not have this bug, and how do I download it?

At a complete standstill - Resilio 2.5.x unusable at the moment.

9 hours ago, mr.canada said:

I think I'm seeing the exact same problem.  Im on Mac, and have tried the following, which should solve all syncing problems, but does NOT....

-remove the shared folder from within Resilio Sync on all clients

-delete Library - Application Support - Resilio Sync on all clients

-Launch Resilio Sync, create a new Standard folder on one machine

-Add key to rest of clients, "Folder Not Empty, Continue?" = yes

Double check that I've pointed all of the clients to the exact same path (I have), expect the folders to become synchronized... cry a small tear as Resilio reports that all 1 MILLION files are queued to be sent to all clients, but none actually begin moving, and clients becomes unstable with 100% cpu usage for 24+ hours.

Something happened with v2.5.x that created this bug.  I can't put my finger on it, but I'm sure it is a recent problem.   Is it a known issue?  what is the most recent stable version that does not have this bug, and how do I download it?

At a complete standstill - Resilio 2.5.x unusable at the moment.

You are right, this problem start when I update resilio and try the pro version.

2 hours ago, Helen said:

how many files you have in the share? 

About 350,000 files

about 3 TB of data

I'm now in the process of creating many shared folders in Resilio, one share for each subsubfolder.  So far, it's working, but I don't know if I am heading for the same limit.

If I share one parent folder, which contains 10 child folders, each of which contain 35,000 files, then I have already proven to myself that I trigger this problem and Resilio fails to sync the folder.

If, instead, I share each of the child folders one at a time, 35,000 files each, will I eventually reach a limit and trigger the problem?  I don't know.  I'm doing so now.

So far I have shared two folders, and it is currently working.  

(this post overly simplified the situation - its not really 10 folders each with exactly 35,000 files... but you get the idea...)

31 minutes ago, mr.canada said:

About 350,000 files

about 3 TB of data

I'm now in the process of creating many shared folders in Resilio, one share for each subsubfolder.  So far, it's working, but I don't know if I am heading for the same limit.

If I share one parent folder, which contains 10 child folders, each of which contain 35,000 files, then I have already proven to myself that I trigger this problem and Resilio fails to sync the folder.

If, instead, I share each of the child folders one at a time, 35,000 files each, will I eventually reach a limit and trigger the problem?  I don't know.  I'm doing so now.

So far I have shared two folders, and it is currently working.  

(this post overly simplified the situation - its not really 10 folders each with exactly 35,000 files... but you get the idea...)

I make 8 folder and sync, but the problem continue. Not at the same old, but continue.

I notice that REPERTOR uses a Mac.  I also use Macs.  Have you done anything special with resource forks?  I have edited my StreamsList file to ignore all 3 optional streams, like this:

# StreamsList is a UTF-8 encoded .txt file that helps you specify alternate streams,
# xattrs and resource forks white list. It supports "?" and "*" wildcard symbols.
#
#
# com.apple.metadata:_kMDItemUserTags
# com.apple.ResourceFork
# com.apple.metadata:kMDItemFinderComment

I added the # before the 3 lines, to prevent them from being synced.  Is this part of the problem?  I had forgotten about this change, as I made it over a year ago.  It actually was NOT in place when I created a new sync of one folder, and at first it appeared to sync successfully, but since adding another peer to the folder it now wants to sync 100% of the files in the folder to that peer, but it making no progress.  0 files are being sent to that peer.

I edited this file to prevent metadata and resource forks being transmitted in an attempt to speed up syncing lots and lots of files.  I'm not sure if it's necessary, beneficial, or a source of a problem.

@mr.canada

I am using Sync on two Macs, each running 10.12, and one Windows 10 computer with the most recent major update thing.

It's the Windows client that causes the most problems, and I suspect that it's something cross-platform that's the issue. I have made no advanced configuration changes like those you described. I just add the folders and wait.

until a few minutes ago, there were 3 devices linked to this synced folder.  everything was indexed and synced.  Then, I added "Mary's MacBook Pro".  This image  shows two problems.

1.    CPU usage on these two devices (invok and NYC Server) went to 100% and the gui became unreliable.  sometimes you can interact with it, sometimes you can't.  the program is NOT crashed - it's just very very busy.  been like this for 3 hours.  I think this is also the case on the other 2 devices but I'm not in front of them.

2.  Resilio wants to send all 807 gigs of data (100% of the contents of the folder) to Mary's MacBook Pro.  That makes no sense, as all of this data already exists on Mary's MacBook Pro (It was synced in the past.  maybe 10 files are different and need syncing, not all of them).

595d5fd8bc215_syncproblems.thumb.jpg.60c8042cc0f62fd850954fae35210eff.jpg

On 7/7/2017 at 6:21 AM, Helen said:

Helen today I update my both sides with the same version you share.

I start to sync folder by folder and wait.

Maybe this version fix the error.

Start to say 8GB to sync, but start to sync escape a lot of files are on the other side.

I continue checking it.

On 2017-07-07 at 7:21 AM, Helen said:

Thank you Helen, this build appears to have fixed this problem for me.  I'm using 2.5.10015 on all of my sync devices, and looking forward to an official release that includes these fixes.  Thanks again!