buffdownunder

Old Mac crashed. How to manually migrate Sync Pro

Hi,

my old iMac crashed and I got a new one. All I now have is a backup of my old HD.

How do I manually migrate Resilio Sync Pro so that I don't have to build up everything from scratch.

Is there any hidden folder that Resilio uses to store all sync settings? 

Will I delete files on other machines if I run a sync with empty folders (like my Pictures folder)?

Any thoughts would be great.

Cheers,

Edward

I now get a weird issue. It seems that 2 folders don't want to stop syncing. I have made screenshots. How can I resolve this?

As you can see one folder says 99%. The other folder says 100%. In any case both folders have a few files that just don't finish syncing. I can hear the NAS work all the time.

Screen Shot 2017-07-04 at 1.01.44 pm.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-04 at 1.01.27 pm.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-04 at 1.01.05 pm.png

This might not be the right place but I still want to thank everybody at Resilio for this great product.

The folder MacintoshHD you see on the screenshot is a recovered backup from a time machine.

I tried every sync option out there and they all failed because the time machine is buggy and drops out intermittently.

I then realised that I can also use Resilio sync for a one time backup and it did it. It took some days but it did it. I've checked the backup and the files are all okay.

One of my peers got stuck syncing

com.apple.ResourceFork

too. Any ideas how to get rid of this? Are there any logs which could point me to this file's location?
ijQ6Jmx.png
I have indeed updated my StreamsList.txt file a while ago.

# StreamsList is a UTF-8 encoded .txt file that helps you specify alternate streams,
# xattrs and resource forks white list. It supports "?" and "*" wildcard symbols.
#
#
# com.apple.metadata:_kMDItemUserTags
com.apple.ResourceFork
com.apple.metadata:kMDItemFinderComment

But this one com.apple.ResourceFork won't vanish. I am the only RW Peer, all others are just Read-Only.

did you update Streamslist on all peers? Do. 
Is "overwrite any changed files" enabled on RO peer? enable. 

Check Sync History for possible error about a filed file.