Offline ad hoc wireless sync not working - used to work

In the past i was able to create an adhoc wireless network on my windows 10 and 8 laptops, then connect an ipad or iPhone and do a wlan sync without internet.  I can still ping my apple devices IP address from laptop (windows 10 pro x64 with most current public release and newest wifi drivers).  I can also use other iOS programs and transfer between iOS and laptop, so i believe the adhoc network is still functioning fine.  I have to do this as i am out of internet connection range at times and also i don't want to waste iPhone monthly bandwidth when i am in range.  It never shows a peer also I have experimented with changing tracker and relay settings as well as checked windows firewall and see a tcp and udp entry for sync.  Any help would be appreciated, it is behaving as if it is a firewall issue.  When i tried as an experiment, 2 iOS devices and the laptop, no devices were syncing or seeing each other, so it may not be firewall.  What settings are recomended? Or did this functionality go away with newer versions?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Helen,

I was able to find the logs on my windows install, do i send them directly to support or post here?.  I was able to create the adhoc and join it with 2 iOS devices which see each other and can sync with each other.    My adhoc network is considered private by windows.  There are exceptions for resilio sync for both public and private in the windows firewall.  I have the latest version for all resilio sync's including windows and iOS devices. 

Also i just completely deleted my resilio sync and reinstalled as i had been messing around with settings for days trying to get this to work,

Here is the answer i got, if anyone else is experiencing the same problem.

I asked in my reply if i could get a beta or alpha, or somehow use the older IOS version.  No answer yet.

Hello,
Thank you for contactimg us.

We know about such app behaviour and it will be fixe din 2.5 app version for iOS. When it will be released sorry no ETA. Anyway please stay tuned for updates.

Best regards,
Anna