Second QNAP Sync Failure... help re-establishing /avoiding in future please...

SurgTech

Once before I opened my QNAP because my various devices had not been syncing with it (my main always-on sync device).

Just as last time, I found I could not launch Resilio Sync - clicking the icon in the QNAP system opened a webpage which failed to load.

There seems no other way to access the Resilio sync server on QNAP?

So I uninstalled and reinstalled.

Anyway, here we are again and I figure if this is going to happen regularly I would ask how to stop it happening.

Also the best way to re-establish this 'node' in the sync network? - without completely deleting everything and hoping everything is present on other nodes?!

So I have reinstalled, and got the application running. 

So I now add the existing folders? Clicking to reset ownership?

Or is there a simpler way to get everything not only back, but working as a node and picking up where it left off without yet again salvaging my data, creating a single source and connecting all of my devices to it.

How do I stop it happening again? - in another post I saw the reply - there are so many possiblities, which doesn't sound reassuring WRT it never being an issue again.

I have to say that for what is now a paid solution to manage 'my mass data', I'm not amused.

Any advice appreciated.

What NAS do you use, what firmware, what Resilio Sync version, how much RAM does your NAS have and how many files do you sync?

To regain access have you tried to deactivate the App and later active it again, before uninstalling?

I own a TS-451 with 16GB RAM, running QTS 4.3 and had not a single issue with it on my NAS yet.

Thanks Frank,

It's a QNAP TVS-871T-i7-16G 8 Bay High Performance Thunderbolt 2 Network Attached Storage

Firmware 4.3.3.0229.

Number of files? No idea. Hundreds of thousands across 12 or so shared folders of various sorts.

How do you deactivate the app if it will not launch from the QNAP interface?

In the QNAP Web UI in the App Center you click on the downfacing arrow next to the app icon and click stop, after a minute or so, the app got stopped and you can click start the same way.

Alternatively you can log into your NAS via SSH and navigate to
/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/ResilioSync
There's a file, called resilio-sync.sh, which can get started with the parameters start, stop or restart, doing exactly what they are called.

In the subfolder storage you can find log files.

Do you use the latest version from the Resilio site? https://help.resilio.com/hc/en-us/articles/206178964-QNAP

However, you should always also contact the Resilio Support, they act fast and can give you a more thorough advice.