Camouyer

Resilio at 100% CPU on Mac and hanging

The issue presents itself like this on my Macbook Pro:

- wake from sleep, CPU usage is high

- click on the Resilio Sync menu bar item - Resilio Sync won't open, cursor turns to the spinning pinwheel when the cursor is directly hovering over the Resilio Sync icon

- Activity Monitor shows Resilio Sync as "not responding"

- Other peers don't see this computer as an online peer

Same issue here! 2 different Macs (Mac Mini and MacBook Air) both running 10.12.6 + Sync 2.5.7, fully up to date.

Seems to happen most often when waking the MacBook from sleep but also happens to the Mini sometimes which is on all the time & almost never shut down or rebooted. Any closer to finding the source of this issue? I can send my debug logs the next time this happens.

I've been running the debug build 2.5.10031 for a few days now and have not had the bug hit yet. Not sure if that's just luck or if the fix was actually in there. Either way, I noticed a new release build out (2.5.8) - should I switch to that, or continue on w/ the debug build?

I tweeted Resilio about this the other day and just before I contacted support I thought I was check the forum and here I am. Same issue here, 2.5.7. It happens to me every time I open my MacBook Pro in a coffee shop, i.e. somewhere I might not have instantly available Wi-Fi or problematic Wi-Fi. The battery drain caused by this, in this particular situation is quite annoying! Does anyone have a bug number or some kind of reference I can use to contact support without having to explain the problem? Thanks.

Thanks I took a look at the change log and it does mention a fix for high CPU so I will give 2.5.8 a try and report back. I'll likely be in the situation it happens (coffee shop) in the next couple of days.

Sorry for the OT question, but I'm experiencing same problem here and I just noticed, reading this thread, that you all are writing about 2.5.2+ versions. I have here 2.5.12 on two mac clients and if I check for updates it says that I'm up-to-date, on both machines. 

Do you think I have one problem more?