bandroidx

[Solved] High CPU Usage, Sync.log filled in seconds

I noticed high cpu usage on a new install of rslsync on an ubuntu 16.04 LTS dedicated server.  I noticed load average around 1.5 and noticed rslsync was maxing a thread at around 100% cpu.

I then noticed in .sync directory the sync.log was going crazy and after several minutes of loading i already had over 100 sync.log.date.zip files.  They repeat the same thing over and over:

[20170719 19:18:42.873] [OnNotifyFileChange] "/home/bandroidx/btsync/.sync/sync.log"
[20170719 19:18:42.873] SyncFolderNotify: SyncFolderNotify: "sync.log", event = "IN_MODIFY"
[20170719 19:18:42.873] [OnNotifyFileChange] "/home/bandroidx/btsync/.sync/sync.log"
[20170719 19:18:42.873] SyncFolderNotify: SyncFolderNotify: "sync.log", event = "IN_MODIFY"
that over and over.

ideas?

i am on the latest version i just downloaded from the website. version: 2.5.6.104

yes, it's like a viscous circle - sync is recording the log, updated the log file, sees update, processes it, records this into the log and so on. better not sync the storage :)