Can not apply identity

Hi,

I have just updated to  2.5.6 and I'm having trouble starting sync home.

Each time it starts up it asks me to create a new identity.  When I hit create it displays a warning "Can not apply identity" and nothing happens.  I can't seem to get past this screen.

I have uninstalled, reinstalled, tried as a service and not but still the problem exists.

Hope you can help me here!

Thanks, Jake

On 28 Jul 2017 at 11:34 AM, jakeslack27 said:

I ended up going to: AppData/Roaming and deleting the Resilo Sync folders.  I then re-installed.  I have to setup my folders again but it looks like its back working again

Hi.

can you be more clear on how you did solve it ?

I have an Android phone (7.0) and it was working everything fine till I updated Resilio Sync.

Fed up I have uninstalled, re-installed 100 times but hang exactly as you described.

I still have the same problem after FACTORY RESET: I was fed up and reset my phone to factory default.
I installed RESYLIO sync from scratch with formatted SD card, etc (totally clean) and still got the same problem.

Can you help me ?

jakeslack27 had it on a Windows desktop and solved by  going to AppData/Roaming and deleting the Resilo Sync folders. this solution will not work for Android.

Any details about what exactly problem your face? You're also asked to create identity on the phone  and when you tap on "Done" button nothing happens? 

3f373fa4fa.png

On 1 Aug 2017 at 4:32 PM, Helen said:

jakeslack27 had it on a Windows desktop and solved by  going to AppData/Roaming and deleting the Resilo Sync folders. this solution will not work for Android.

Any details about what exactly problem your face? You're also asked to create identity on the phone  and when you tap on "Done" button nothing happens? 

3f373fa4fa.png

Hi Helen

first of all thanks.

I have an Android Phone (BV8000PRO) with Android 7.0

I installed Resilio Sync two months ago (don't remember the version) and it went smooth since then.
I upgraded to latest version.
After that it can't find any folders previously add.
I then decided to remove the folders and try to add again but goes into "no peers available" although in wifi at home, there was another 2 devices with Resilio Sync sharing. It was working one hour before , before I did the upgrade.
Okay I deinstall Sync and install again.
What a disaster.
When it start he was asking me a name as usual for this device.
It then crashed (application closed automatically)
I restarted and again asked a name for my phone. No matter I key in or not, after exactly 10 seconds It will close up by itself.

For a different reason I was forced to remove the MicroSD card inside the phone.
Phone was without.
I then try Sync again and this time went through perfectly.
But then when I add 2 folders which are now synced among other 3 devices (peers online), Sync on my phone is telling "no peers".

I left the phone there for 3 hours.... same result "no peers".
It's in WIFI, same WIFI of other 3 devices, etc....

On Android 6.0 (Blackberry Priv) everything is working fine including the latest (same) update.

I tried one last crazy thing.
I said that I don't wanna give up Sync, so I factory reset the phone.
Apart initial setup, I did nothing else rather than give a gmail account to open the Google Store, download Sync, install it (without SD card) and it went okay BUT.... nope. Still NO PEERS !!!

What could it be ?

Thanks

BB

12 minutes ago, Helen said:

If you see "No peers" please check these steps. if nothing helps, send the debug logs from both - phone and PC - to support. 

Helen

first of all : thanks !

I solved adding the string instead to proceed with Qscan procedure.

When I try to add folders via Qscan, the folders remain in perpetual NO PEERS (no folders is created inside the directory where they suppose to be stored : /storage/emulated/0/Download/Sync)

When I add the folders via (string) (copy and paste), everything goes smooth (add folders properly inside the storage, peers immediate, etc.)

It was not a matter of IP or PORT blocked as inside the same home wifi network (1 and same Wifi AP for all devices), a NAS Synology was working fine. I tried to remove the folders and add back and it was synching with the NAS I have in office.
If IP or port was blocked in the WIFI ROUTER it should have been also for the NAS, not only for the phones.

Anyway I solved the problem adding, as I said, with shared key instead of using Qscan procedure.

BB