RslSyncUser

Sync 2.5.x peers disappearing

Hi all,

after upgrade from 2.4.x to 2.5.6 I have the problem (reproducible), that the peers disappear after resume from standby on Windows 10.

I need to restart the rslsync service to see the peers again.

The same happens if I switch from WLAN to LAN and vice versa.

Are these known issues?

Regards,
RslSyncUser

apparently, sync does not detect network change. I've not seen that in the lab but we'll recheck. Meanwhile, can you please send the debug logs from your setup: 
check that "debug logging" is enabled in Sync settings, stop Sync
delete all logging from storage folder
start sync and have the problem appear. Give Sync some 5 minutes before restarting it. 
Restart Sync. 
Repeat that N time, if you please, and cary the laptop around to the office (or how d'you change to WLAN?), restart sync each time in some few minutes.
Send the logs to support. 

Thanks.

Helen,

You don't see this with simple pulling of ethernet cable, waiting a minute or so and plugging back in?  This is as simple as reproducing the issue as it is.

I believe I have a bad 10Gbe NIC that would lose communication a couple of times a week until I pulled and reinserted the cable into the switch to restore communications.  Sync just would not see other peers unless app was restarted.  

On 8/19/2017 at 3:44 AM, Timbo said:

You don't see this with simple pulling of ethernet cable, waiting a minute or so and plugging back in?

No, I don't. BTW, I'm using 2.5.7 Sync

I'm experiencing this EXACT issue on 2 Servers running 2.5.7 in Service mode after an upgrade from 2.4.1. I sent logs to support (case #65666) and no response so far and this was almost 5 days ago. And I paid for the business license. Very disappointing.

the submitted report got first reply after some 50 minutes. Now your logs are being analysed, sorry for the delay. 

Also, btw, the license (ID provided in the support ticket) - is personal, non-subscription license.There's another license , business purchased? didn't find anything in the database. what's its ID? 

Correct, case #65666 was responded to ON Thursday of last week. NO response since Fri, which is 5 days ago. So, 5 days of outage so far.

Yes, there's another license which is monthly business subscription. I reported the SAME exact issue. Here is the case # for the business ID. case (#65721). For the business ID case, I received a SINGLE response in 24 hours and it was requesting a screenshot of the developer tools console. That's it. I'll be opening another Forum ticket WARNING people about Resilio support. I'm very disappointed in support.

I hate to post my responses to support, but support claims " The thing is that Sync is busy" and that's why it's showing off-line. I'm pretty pissed at this. I suspect 2.5.7 has real problems. I'm considering downgrading back to 2.4.1 since 2.5.7 is simply not working and others are dealing with the same and support has NO IDEA.

I had attempted all the fixes in that other article above "Sync 2.5 no peers" and they didn't work. Downgrading both peers to 2.4.5 instantly fixed the connection issue and syncing has returned. I'd recommend EVERYONE avoid 2.5.x until this issue is fixed or be prepared to downgrade to 2.4.5. I'm so pissed with support for taking 5 days on this and not realizing 1) this is a known 2.5 issue & 2) to not recommend downgrading to 2.4.5.

Resilio support contacted me on Wed, almost 24 hrs from this Tue post, and 5 days LATER from the original ticket opening offering me to beta test some internal build of 2.5 to see if it fixes the "disappearing peers". No thanks on beta testing a version. I'm still waiting for the working 2.4.5 index/syncing to catch up for about 5-6 days of outage. I'm still pissed about that.

I'm really sorry that it took that long to investigate the case and compile a special Sync build for the reported issue. The support team does its best to help everyone asap, but some cases  require more time for proper investigation than others. Support does not ignore anyone and treats each reported issue individually. 

Maybe the following errors helps you to find the bug:

D! class ReverseHTTPConnection::TcpSocket::set_error[0x000002379ac645b0][1992] 10053 (EOF)
D! class ReverseHTTPConnection::TcpSocket::set_error[0x000002379ac65e10][1920] 10053 (EOF)
D! class ReverseHTTPConnection::TcpSocket::set_error[0x000002379ac65a00][1988] 10053 (EOF)

No behavior change since 2.5.0, currently using 2.5.9 and daily restarting rlssync service.

How stable did the 2.4 work in the past ...

Regards,
RslSyncUser

these lines only indicate the 10053 TCP error. Having full logs from both peers would be way more informative. Please contact support. Thanks.