Latest Desktop Build 2.5.7

Helen

Dear community,

Resilio Sync 2.5.7 is now available. It may be obtained using direct links below, or from official download page. This version is also available via "Check now" button in Sync settings.

UPGRADING FROM BITTORRENT SYNC (v2.3.x)
    Sync is now released under the Resilio brand, it is treated by OS as new application and will propose you to migrate all your settings from old BitTorrent Sync app (settings are backed up during migration).
    Please carefully read these articles about updating to Resilio Sync and migration of settings.

DOWNGRADE
    Resilio Sync will make a backup copy of all your settings prior migration into "sync-v2.3.7-1471003319.backup"-like folder (version and timestamp may vary). If you decide to return to 2.3.*, you'll need to manually copy the content to your storage folder, remove Resilio Sync and be aware of next downgrade drawbacks:

1. You'll downgrade to "Free" version and you'll have to re-apply license manually. File association with license files *.btskey is broken so you'll need to apply license in BTSync UI     
  2.  Linking new devices to downgraded Sync is not possible. You'll need to recreate identity if you want to link some new device.     
  3. Downgrade is not supported for Selective Sync folders (as all placeholder files are renamed to *.rsl*). If you downgrade and your Sync has Selective Sync folders, your files are going to be deleted on all peers.     

Direct Download Links:

A list of what's new, improved, changed, and fixed in this version is available in the change log.

Sync 2.5.7(1061)  on Windows 10 (Version 1703 , OS Build 15063.540, US English) sometimes goes to a weird state in which double-click on trayicon does not bring up Sync window (trayicon tip still shows up though). I have to restart Sync to get it back to normal state.

I saw this issue on both Windows 10 Pro and Home editions.

I cannot believe that Resilio are pushing these updates out without a warning that they will NOT sync with IOS devices.

I was recently foolish to update both my computers to 2.5.7 and found I could not sync to my ios devices.

After many hours searching and trying to connect I emailed support and received this reply:

Hello,
Thank you for contacting us.

We have a connectivity problem  between 2.4.x version on iOS devices and Sync 2.5.x for desktops. The thing is that 2.5 version is not compiled for iOS device but we plan to release it ASAP. So in your case better to you 2.4.x app version for desktops.

Best regards,
Anna

Why Oh Why do they not send a warning for a known problem on the update page???????????????????

Really disappointed with Resilio for this, and it seems there has been an issue with 2.5 ever since it was released. Sadly they have broken my trust and I cannot recommend the app to anyone now.

All I can say is BE CAREFUL with updates!

It's always necessary to wait  the opinion of the users before making an update, especially on a critical system ...
Why immediately update a system that works ........

But if it was not indicated in the changeLog, then yes, there should be more clarity on the part of Resilio in the updates.

(Sorry for my English, I'm French)

• RomanZ unpinned this topic