Probs with snycing - docs in .sync/archive not in files

Jasandpaul

After syncing several windows computers, some documents appear to be filed in a “.sync\archive” folder which can only be found by using the search tools in File Explorer and searching for “.sync”.  Older versions of the document are found in the correct file in documents.

Any idea what could be causing this?  And any idea of how to reverse it/solve it?  We will now have various documents that are out of date, but no easy way of finding out without searching the .sync location and comparing each document.

Files will be placed in Archive if they are removed or updated on remote peers.

Searching for “.sync\archive” is not the only way to open it. you can navigate to it from a file manager by tying the path. You can enable hidden items in your file manager and simply go there. You can open Archive from Sync UI, right click on the share and select "Open Archive"

see Archive explained here 

https://help.resilio.com/hc/en-us/articles/204754239-Using-Archive-for-file-versioning-and-restoring-deleted-files-

It seems that the updated version is the one that has gone to the archives rather than the older version - the older version remained on the laptop. It was only when searching for the version that I knew I had updated that I discovered this issue.   Also, I believe that all the changes were made on the same laptop - not a peer.   In any event, irrespective of which device is used to update the document, should the changes not be synced across all peers and thus the latest version be saved on every device?

The problem is that the latest version has gone into the archives.  I have just done a compare on the file in the archive and the file on my laptop - the changes I made most recently to the document are in the archived file and not the file on the laptop.  I am now very concerned that I will have to go through every file in the archive folder and run a compare as otherwise I will lose my changes.

We have just signed up to resilio and paid the annual fee, but unless this issue is resolved, I cannot see how we can continue to use it.