Larryb

[Solved] Can't paste license from PC to NAS

I had to reinstall my NAS version of Resilio Sync.  When I tried to copy and paste the license key it tells me to enter a valid key.  How can I upgrade the license to my NAS version?

I'm not at my home computer right now, but I'm pretty sure I tried the following: 

From the Windows version, open Sync, click the gear, license, then" copy".  Then I opened Sync on my NAS using IE. Because I'm not at my home computer at the moment, I'm not sure exactly what I did but I would have found a screen to apply a license.  

I did not know them was a "guide".  I looked on the Resilio site and couldn't find one. Can you tell me where it is?

I don't know if it makes any difference or not , but if I install the latest version of Resilio on my NAS I get a warning that it may not be compatible and I get a notice that it will not automatically start up. The previous version installs fine on my NAS.

Hi, Helen,

I tried to add the license key to my NAS by following the instructions on 

https://help.resilio.com/hc/en-us/articles/204762369-How-to-activate-remove-a-license-seat-

But nothing happens :-(

I am using a Synology NAS (DSM 6.2.1-23824) and Safari (Version 9.1.2 (11601.7.7)) on El Capitan.

Do you have any idea, what I could do?

Thanks in advance, Michael

what exactly did you paste there? Sync version? what error message did you receive, if any? any details or screenshots.

Hi Helen,

I opened the .btskey with TextWrangler ( I am on Mac Os High Sierra ) and coped the very long text starting with btos_

Then I opened Sync on my NAS and pasted it in the manual connection field.

Anything wrong with that ?

Thanks, Michael

update Sync on your NAS. v2.3.x is too old. new version will work. you can download it from our site. 

Hi, Helen, 

thank you very much for the support. The idea to update the NAS never came up to my mind :-(

I installed successfully the version 2.6.1 and now entering the key works pretty much better :-)

Best wishes, Michael