RomanZ

Latest Desktop Build 2.5.8

2 posts in this topic

Dear community,

Resilio Sync 2.5.8 is now available. It may be obtained using direct links below, or from official download page. This version is also available via "Check now" button in Sync settings.

UPGRADING FROM BITTORRENT SYNC (v2.3.x)
    Sync is now released under the Resilio brand, it is treated by OS as new application and will propose you to migrate all your settings from old BitTorrent Sync app (settings are backed up during migration).
    Please carefully read these articles about updating to Resilio Sync and migration of settings.

DOWNGRADE
    Resilio Sync will make a backup copy of all your settings prior migration into "sync-v2.3.7-1471003319.backup"-like folder (version and timestamp may vary). If you decide to return to 2.3.*, you'll need to manually copy the content to your storage folder, remove Resilio Sync and be aware of next downgrade drawbacks:

1. You'll downgrade to "Free" version and you'll have to re-apply license manually. File association with license files *.btskey is broken so you'll need to apply license in BTSync UI     
  2.  Linking new devices to downgraded Sync is not possible. You'll need to recreate identity if you want to link some new device.     
  3. Downgrade is not supported for Selective Sync folders (as all placeholder files are renamed to *.rsl*). If you downgrade and your Sync has Selective Sync folders, your files are going to be deleted on all peers.     

Direct Download Links:

A list of what's new, improved, changed, and fixed in this version is available in the change log.

Finally, it works on ZYXEL NSA310. The only downside is the awful long time of indexing. The Zyxel NSA 310 has poor performance and this is the weakest link on my network.

All stanard folders:

Folder A
45.4 GB
15 627 files

Folder B
77.7 GB
59 058 files

Folder C
36.1 GB
37,758 files

Folder D
36,8 GB
5,775 files

--------
summary:
196 GB
118 218 files

When I run Resilio then the Zyxel NSA310 is heavily loaded. I used the settings that lighten it slightly:

Enable debug logging: OFF
lan_encrypt_data: false
disk_low_priority: true
folder_rescan_interval: 0

I added a task to CRON to Resilio on my NAS took off every day at 08:00 and closed at 23:30. This solution allows the ZYXEL NSA310 to perform other automatic night operations.

What can I do to speed up indexing of files at every Resilio startup? It only serves for data backup, no files on the NSA during the day are modified (only on workstations).