Netgear ReadyNAS 214, update to Resilio Sync 2.5.9 and permissions problems

I have a Netgear ReadyNAS 214 and have been using Resilio Sync for at least a year. I recently noticed a button showing up in the GUI to upgrade the app to version 2.5.9 and thought I might as well try it. I can't recall the exact version I was using before, but it was 2.4.x I think.

Pressing the button didn't work, so I tried removing the app and manually (again, using the GUI for both) version 2.5.9 downloaded from your website. That seemed to work okay, but when I opened it up every folder I'm using has an error message saying "Don't have permissions to write to selected folder" and nothing will sync.

Is there a way for me to fix this?

• 1 month later...

I've had the exact same issue several times - not always caused by Resilio. Most times the advice I am about to give fixes it - once I had to factory reset the NAS and start over - a painful experience.

In the NAS web UI - Go to the Shares tab and then repeat the following steps on each affected share.

1. Mouse over the share to view the cog symbol, click the cog and select Settings from the dropdown

2. Select the File Access tab at the top and then RESET from the left hand menu

3. Reset Permissions

With any luck you will gain full control of your files.

Thank you for responding. That is actually what I ended up doing a few weeks ago, after some attempts at other things here and there. I'm not sure whether I'm relieved to hear that it's not just me it has happened to or concerned that you had to factory reset your NAS at some point (and thus I may have to one day as well).