Home license problem

Rizowski

I recently upgraded my license from a personal licence to the sync home license. I am starting to feel like I made the wrong decision so I am hoping to get some information I might have missed.

I sent an email a few weeks ago to support asking why my license didn't come with any seats that I could delegate out to family members. They replied and said that the Home license doesn't provide seats, and you are supposed to share out the license file carefully up to 5 family members. I had a follow up question. If we don't have the ability to assign seating to our licenses, how does the application tell the difference between 5 family members V.S. 5 computers I have added? Or does that not matter? Is my license just going to all of a sudden stop working because I have added 5 computers and Sync thinks I have given it out to 5 people? How does that work?

I am afraid to switch to the new license because I don't want to set it up on all my computers and then not be able to hand it out to family members because all my "family members" are used up.

9 hours ago, Rizowski said:

I recently upgraded my license from a personal licence to the sync home license.

actually home license is already a personal license. From what I see you've upgraded it to Family license.

how does the application tell the difference between 5 family members V.S. 5 computers I have added? Or does that not matter?

it does not matter, app does not count the computers. You just follow the terms and do not use the Family license key outside your family. 

Is my license just going to all of a sudden stop working because I have added 5 computers and Sync thinks I have given it out to 5 people? How does that work?

no it's not! You just take the purchased license key and give that to your family members! that's all. Let them use the license on their devices, any number of devices. 

5 hours ago, Helen said:

actually home license is already a personal license. From what I see you've upgraded it to Family license.

it does not matter, app does not count the computers. You just follow the terms and do not use the Family license key outside your family. 

no it's not! You just take the purchased license key and give that to your family members! that's all. Let them use the license on their devices, any number of devices. 

Ok that sounds good. Thanks for the clarification!