Run Resilio Sync Service as root (linux)

Julianno

Hello, I´ve installed Resilio Sync using the below link. I did the basic configuration and I can access the 8888 webgui successfully. The local user created is rslsync (with group same name), that is different from the Web Gui user.

The server I installed Resilio, is a production CPANEL server, and the idea is to have all Cpanel accounts and server configs backed up in another location (sync´d), without the need to use CPANEL backup function (that does not support syncing yet)

The problem is that resilio sync can´t access each account of Cpanel (folders and subfolders), nor server configurations as it have their own user/group for each account in system. I don´t want to change each folder permissions with chmod with risk to brake CPANEL.

So, based on all this. How to run Resilio (service in linux) as root, and/or have automatically access to all folders in CenOS 6 server, without compromising CPANEL system/server?

Thanks in advance!

Installation link: https://help.resilio.com/hc/en-us/articles/206178924-Installing-Sync-package-on-Linux

Helen, thank you for your reply. I did what you said. 

This is how my resilio.sync.service is now, after the change:

[Unit]
Description=Resilio Sync service
Documentation=https://help.getsync.com/
After=network.target

[Service]
Type=forking
User=root
Group=root
UMask=0002
Restart=on-failure
PermissionsStartOnly=true
PIDFile=/var/run/resilio-sync/sync.pid
ExecStartPre=/bin/mkdir -p /var/run/resilio-sync
ExecStartPre=/bin/chown -R root:root /var/run/resilio-sync
ExecStart=/usr/bin/rslsync --config /etc/resilio-sync/config.json

[Install]
WantedBy=default.target

Also did a restart at its service and CentOS6 before test it again into Web Gui.

Still can´t acess all folders of server. It says "Its not possible to open destination folder". 

Any lights?

Thank you in advance

here is how the /mnt/hd2 is mounted in etc/fstab:

"/dev/vdb        /mnt/hd2        ext4    auto,rw,usrjquota=quota.user,jqfmt=vfsv0"

PS listing of sync:

root@netvolt [/mnt/hd2]# ps aux|grep sync|grep -v grep
root        22  0.0  0.0      0     0 ?        S    Oct10   0:00 [async/mgr]
root        24  0.0  0.0      0     0 ?        S    Oct10   0:24 [sync_supers]
rslsync  14606  0.3  0.1 749856  5632 ?        Ssl  Oct20  13:29 /usr/bin/rslsync --config /etc/resilio-sync/config.json
root@netvolt [/mnt/hd2]#

- Yes, root can list all folders without problem in SSH;

- Resilio Web Gui also have same error to list "/home/some_accounts" but not all of them. Some are inside this folder, and some are linked to mnt/hd2