[Poss Bug] Pop up after logging in

syncmonkey

Hi guys!

I've beed using  Bt/Resilio Sync for years to backup and sync pictures between devices.

Yesterday I did a Windows reinstall on my PC. Now every time the system starts up, the Resilio Sync window is opened automatically. On my other PC it starts minimized in the system tray.

How do I fix this?

Unchecked auto start, but Sync still started even though Sync wasn't showing in the System Scheduler (not sure how it was able to start). Uninstalled, then reinstalled and in the install setup set not to autostart. This prevented it from starting, but after checking autostart the same issue of open on startup returned

Bug seems to be linked to a new feature of Win 10 RS2 (Fall update): non closed app at shutdown will be restarted by the system upon boot...

In some way, Windows doesn't see  Resilio Sync as a backgrounded app and try to start it again while already running (and this bring the app to foreground).

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_perf-insiderplat_pc/programs-autostart-after-boot-in-windows-10-fall/09dd8d3e-7b36-45d1-9181-6587dd5d53ab?page=2

Relevant part:

Hello to everyone in this thread!
This is actually a change in the core functionality of Windows in this development cycle.

Old behavior:
- When you shut down your PC, all apps are closed
- After reboot/restart, you have to re-open any app you'd like to use

New behavior:
- When shutting down your PC, any open apps are "bookmarked" (for lack of a better word)
- After reboot/restart, these apps will re-open automatically

If you want to start with no apps open (other than those set to auto-start via Task Manager/Start), you'll need to ensure all apps are closed before shutting down or restarting the PC.

Why?

The desire is to create a seamless experience wherein, if you have to reboot a PC, you can pick back up quickly from where you left off and resume being productive.  This has far-ranging impacts across the OS (in a good way).

We'll discuss this more in the next flight release blog post, so stay tuned!

I confirm that if you close/shutdown Sync before shutting down the computer, Sync does not open in a window on the restart. It would appear that this is the source of the issue and perhaps the requirement to adjust the program before the release of the latest version of Windows was missed. By the way, I have the same issue with Skype for Business (similarly, it won't open in a window if you close/shutdown Skype for Business before shutting down the computer).

On 31/10/2017 at 3:18 PM, Antoine said:

Bug seems to be linked to a new feature of Win 10 RS2 (Fall update): non closed app at shutdown will be restarted by the system upon boot...

In some way, Windows doesn't see  Resilio Sync as a backgrounded app and try to start it again while already running (and this bring the app to foreground).

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_perf-insiderplat_pc/programs-autostart-after-boot-in-windows-10-fall/09dd8d3e-7b36-45d1-9181-6587dd5d53ab?page=2

Relevant part:

Thank you for posting that link. It is clearly a Microsoft problem.

There is also a workaround which I also found in your link - using Alt-F4 to do a Windows shutdown (which opens an old dialog) instead of the Start menu. I have found that this works for me, and when I shut down using Alt-F4, Resilio Sync does not pop up on the next startup.

• 3 weeks later...