Android mobile sync - Private folders?

Knocker

Hi,

I'm new with Resilio Sync which I've chosen to replace Qsync after I build my own NAS and sold the Qnap.

My issue is the following: Whatever kind of folders (Camera upload, personal etc) I create, I can see and access the folders across all devices connected to the NAS.
I want the folders to be personal, so that the only place they can be viewed are either on the owners device or on the NAS server.

Is this not possible or am I simply just going blind?

That's right, devices linked with one identity (they show up in "my devices" and have the same fingerprint), they all get access to each other's shares automatically. It means that if you add a folder to Sync on one of them, it'll appear in Sync on others (not necessary to actually sync files there). Same with removal. 

If you don't want this behavior, don't link devices, but instead share each folder individually. Now you need to unlink phone from NAS: on phone go to My devices -> this device -> Unlink, create separate identity for it

11 hours ago, Knocker said:

But what about the Camera Backup, won't that function only work if linked to the host server?

It will function like a regular Sync share - you can automatically push it to a linked device, or share the key with a non-linked remote device. 

11 hours ago, Knocker said:

function, where you can create individual folders and only assign them to certain devices?

Isn't it already there? You add the folder to Sync and give the key to certain devices.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for my late answer, I've been too busy :(

So, I get what you're saying about sharing each folder individually - I just tried playing around with it and I can't see how I'll get "Camera backup" to automatically upload pictures toe the path I've shared from the server, where the original folder with all camera backups are located.

Is it possible that you can point out how and what to do, before I do something and mess it all up?
(Situation is still: I want to backup my pictures from my phone when they get taken and upload them to my NAS - this will be done for 3 devices in total and I don't want any of the other devices to be able to view and/or change each other backups)

15 hours ago, Knocker said:

I can't see how I'll get "Camera backup" to automatically upload pictures toe the path I've shared from the server,

Camera backup - is a different share. You cannot get it to upload files to an already configured share! 

You need to do this: 
enable backup on the phone }
select to share it and send the link (or key) to desktop
paste the link to Sync there and select the location for the share.