fefrie

What do I upgrade from 2.3.6?

In the spirit of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" I've been running on my W8.1 tablet/computer on BT Sync 2.3.6 - 32 bit with no problems.

I have two desktops running XP (yes, I know) both with BT Sync running 1.4.111, the last working version for XP.

For some reason, my tablet running 2.3.2. corrupted, requiring a 'refresh' of the w8.1 OS and as part of the process,  BT Sync was deleted.

I'm a bit hesitant to upgrade from 2.3.6, since it's critical that I have reverse compatibility with 1.4.111, and XP.

I also hate feature bloat, and 2.3.6 kept it simple enough for me that it did what I wanted it to in the background with 100% reliability.

Is there a point anyone would recommend that I do not upgrade past if I were to jump to a more recent version?

well, if those old versions do work for you, you can keep using these. But if anything breaks, support won't be debugging it and will suggest update in first place.