A couple of questions about sync operation

GrahamN

I've a few questions as a new user that I haven't found answers to.

1: How can I tell if a particular Windows PC is using a relay server to sync? I have Resilio Sync installed as a service if that makes any difference.

2: How can I tell if a sync operation is actually in progress? (More generally: how to monitor Sync's activity?)

3: The IgnoreList file appears to apply to just the device on which it is located (i.e. it isn't shared between devices). Am I correct?

4: Does the IgnoreList file on a device (PC, NAS, whatever) prevent Sync on that device from sending, or receiving, or both, any listed items?

Any help appreciated (including pointing me to where I should have found this information myself!)

Helen,

Thank you.

I would have though the more logical place to show that a relay server is in use would be in the list of devices. I realise that use of a relay server can be specified for each individual folder, but for any given server at any moment in time, I don't see how it could have some folders connected using a relay server and some connected *not* using a relay server. (If one folder connection can get through without a relay server, they all can.)

within one share you may have peers connected directly, and some - through relay. 

22 hours ago, GrahamN said:

I don't see how it could have some folders connected using a relay server and some connected *not* using a relay server.

doesn't option "use relay" in share prefs work?? 

5a3023f27d.png

Check the guide for Sync here: https://help.resilio.com/hc/en-us !