Folder Seeding

sketchpad

Hi, I'm new to this so forgive me if what I'm doing is not ideal.

So I have 2 freenas servers, one at home, one offsite. I want to sync approx 500Gb of data that is on my home server to the offsite server.

I copied the data from home server and pasted into a folder with the same name on the second server, linked the folders and paused the home server to  allow the files to index before unpausing the home server for syncing.

Resilio wants to resync all files which will take 6 days. 

Am I doing something in the wrong order?

how you verify that it indeed wants to re-sync data? 
when you connect two non-empty folders, Sync is to first merge the folder tree - here you can see all your files to be showing in up/download queue in peers list. It does not mean what files are being re-synced.

And check that you indeed have the right directories connected - enable column Path and see if that's the dir you need. 

bit of a late update here folks but as some of you had probably guessed the fault was with how I seeded the destination folder.

Copy and pasting the data kept the file timestamps correct but changed the folder dates.

I re-seeded using robocopy commands which maintained the folder timestamps and everything worked as it should.