additional folder remains "not synced yet"

David B

I have added a second folder (Second) (directly into an external drive, called F: connected by usb) to an existing folder (First) (directly into the C: drive) in a free home version of Resilio (version 2.5.12). (Running on Windows 10)

First folder is syncing and transferring with up to 15 peers and can be paused and resumed at will.

Second folder can be paused and resumed at will, but Second folder shows 'not synced yet' (after several hours) and has '0 of 0' peers.

Second folder shows in F: drive as folder 'second' with the resilio icon containing only folder '.sync' containing files 'ID', IgnoreList', StreamsList', and empty folder 'Archive'.

I have searched for setup/install/initialize/add/synchronize/peers hints to no avail.

What am I doing wrong/not doing right please?

The 'first' and 'second' folders are syncing to a server in Australia.

I entered the key for the 'first' folder a year ago and it has been working ever since.

For the 'second' folder i have copied the key, copied the link, but there's nowhere to paste it. If copying was all that is required then I would expect it to then say something like 'key accepted' or 'linking to peers', but nothing happens - just the open dialogue box - leaving me to close it wondering whether anything has happened - and it hasn't - but there are no more options to investigate.