advertisements within Resilio Sync Home Pro

I am also receiving this same ad in my application. I don't remember that there was any provision for or against ads being in the application - but in consideration that I am a paid Home Pro user, you shouldn't need to subsidize my installation with ad revenue.

Helen, you haven't really addressed the OP's concerns. Can this be disabled?

I have dismissed the ad, but should we expect to see more in the future?

I am also recently victim of this disappointing practice. Signed up on the forum just to voice my displeasure. 

Prospective new users who prefer not to be subject to ads in their paid applications should inquire about this practice before spending money on the pro version.

16 hours ago, Helen said:

Sorry for the inconveniences caused. Please dismiss the add, we'll not be promoting. 

I'm not sure if I understand your response.  Does this mean you are removing ads from paid versions of Resilio Sync forever?  If so, great that would address my post.  Thanks for any clarification Helen.

2 hours ago, loki_racer said:

We need more info.  Did the ad display by mistake?  Is this something we are going to have to disable every time we used Sync?  Why are paid customer being shown ads?

+1 - we need to hear something more substantial from you about this, you already have our money so you need to explain to us why this happened, and we need to hear from you that it will never happen again.

8 hours ago, Helen said:

this happened cause an ad campaign was held. No, it will not show up again. Please accept my sincere apologies for this ad. 

This doesn't answer the substantial questions we're asking here.

A specific ad was shown because a specific ad campaign was held, and that ad will not show up again - but we're asking why this happened in the first place (it shouldn't), and whether it will happen again (it shouldn't).

There's obviously code in the app that allows you to push ads even to paying customers in the first place, which shouldn't be the case. How is this something you feel is acceptable? We need to hear from you that you understand this is unacceptable and that paying customers will not be advertised to in future even if "an ad campaign is held" - firstly because you understand it's not right to advertise to paying license holders, and secondly because the paid version of the app doesn't even allow that to happen.

It really really sucks that your response to this has been so tone deaf.

Who do we speak to about getting refunds?

I've heard you all, I apologized twice, I said how to remove the ad and said that it will not show up again. Apparently, once you've seen the ad it's been pushed to all Sync, right?  This will not happen to Pro anymore. 
if you opt for refund, please contact support or do that from License Management Console. Thanks. 

More importantly, it would appear the Resilio is dialing home to get ad campaign information?  If it's dialing home for ad campaign information, it's pretty much guaranteed it's dialing home with analytics data.

Your own privacy policy fails to mention that you collect data for marketing purposes:

Resilio uses such information for the following general purposes: to fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.

We don't want an apology.  We want to know that paying users won't ever see any ad again.

Nor does the EULA have any clause where paying customers consent to receiving advertisements.

There's 3 aspects to this that have totally eroded my trust in Resilio:

1) the fact that this happened at all

2) the totally inadequate response from Resilio

3) the fact that this happened 2 years ago, Resilio said "We'll implement a switch to disable such notifications". This obviously never occurred, and nobody from Resilio has addressed this point yet either.