Using IgnoreLists on NAS?

I have 2 computers (office and home) which syncs via a NAS

If I put ignoreList on the NAS, would this mean that

- ComputerA (on changes) syncs to the NAS however

- NAS (has ignoreList) thus will never sync to Computer B?

- if my understanding is correct, the IgnoreList will not save any 'change updates' and thus not propagate out to subscribers.

Scenario: I want to sync my settings/ temporary folder/ downloads  between Computer A and computer B, however the computers are never on at the same time, hence the NAS in between.

Effectively what I THINK I am looking for is a 'selective versioning/ archiving'

• 2 weeks later...

@threebythree 

- if my understanding is correct, the IgnoreList will not save any 'change updates' and thus not propagate out to subscribers.

If the ignore list was edited on the NAS device files add to folder will be not sent or recieved ( any changes too) from current/remote peers. These files could recieve only peers where the ignore list wasn't edited.

Effectively what I THINK I am looking for is a 'selective versioning/ archiving'

Please find more details about versioning here. As for the selective sync option please note that placeholders now keep same modification time as real files.