New files are not visible on remote devices.

uncovery

I have a shared folder that is synced between 2 of "my" devices and one other device.
The main device (where all the files are) is a QNAP NAS (V 2.5.9 Build 1088). The folder there is set as read-only to make sure that other devices don't overwrite files on the NAS.

The other devices are all set to "selective sync". Since some time, files and folders added to the NAS are not visible in the remote devices. Disconnecting and reconnecting them did not help. Restarting the remote device did not help either.

The "history" menu on the NAS does not show that files have been added as well. Restarting the NAS did not help either. There are no errors on the history either.

As far as I can tell, all other shared folders work perfectly.

So how do I fix this? I find it highly concerning that I need to find out by accident that files are not being synced. There is no error, warning or similar.

Is there another logfile on the NAS that I contains more information than the History view in the web menu? What can I do to fix this except for removing the folder on all devices and adding it again?