Resilio account password

I've worked in I.T. a long time and I flat out disagree with that publication. If the authentication process doesn't enforce rules like that, users will definitely create passwords like "123456789" or "aaaaaaaa" (on systems that allow such, I've seen it happen) which are much easier to brute-force hack (or even guess). For that matter, that document conflicts with itself:

Verifiers SHOULD NOT impose other composition rules (e.g., requiring mixtures of different character types or prohibiting consecutively repeated characters) for memorized secrets. 

But above that the document states:

When processing requests to establish and change memorized secrets, verifiers SHALL compare the prospective secrets against a list that contains values known to be commonly-used, expected, or compromised. For example, the list MAY include, but is not limited to:

• Passwords obtained from previous breach corpuses.
  • Dictionary words.
  • Repetitive or sequential characters (e.g. ‘aaaaaa’, ‘1234abcd’).
  • Context-specific words, such as the name of the service, the username, and derivatives thereof.

The rationale is given here:

Q13: Are password composition rules no longer recommended?

A13: SP 800-63B Section 5.1.1.2 paragraph 9 recommends against the use of composition rules (e.g., requiring lower-case, upper-case, digits, and/or special characters) for memorized secrets. These rules provide less benefit than might be expected because users tend to use predictable methods for satisfying these requirements when imposed (e.g., appending a ! to a memorized secret when required to use a special character). The frustration they often face may also cause them to focus on minimally satisfying the requirements rather than devising a memorable but complex secret. Instead, a blacklist of common passwords prevents subscribers from choosing very common values that would be particularly vulnerable, especially to an online attack.

Composition rules also inadvertently encourage people to use the same password across multiple systems since they often result in passwords that are difficult for people to memorize.

I agree with their reasoning, but don't believe removing those rules accomplishes the goal indicated. Especially that last line - even for myself, the only thing that finally broke me of that (because I have to 100's of passwords) is using a password manager. Seems that pushing PM's and / or 2FA is much better advice than removing those rules as recommendation.