RC build 2.6.0.1298

RomanZ

Dear community,

Sync 2.6.0 Release Candidate is now available. You can get it via direct links below only. 

Direct Download Links:

MAJOR CHANGES

• Improved transfer speed
  • File send is free now
  • Introduced performance graphs

FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS

• Introduced new Sync statuses and warnings
  • Added $RECYCLE.BIN and SystemVolumeInformation to default Ignorelist.
  • Preserve custom config file when updating linux packages
  • FileDelayConfig now works on posix
  • Preserve speed settings when restarting Sync
  • Fixed icon color on OS X Dark Mode
  • Fixed folders turning to synchronization mode in some cases
  • Fixed adding advanced settings via API
  • Fixed randomization of MAC address in Sync UI
  • Fixed syncing trailing dot to a Windows peer 
  • Fixed crashes of file explorer on Windows due to Sync extension
  • Fixed crash because of corrupt database
  • Fixed some other crashes and freezes
  • Fixed inability to reset power user settings
  • Fixed creating conflict name on file name with percent symbol
  • Fixed dll loading scheme
  • Other minor fixes and improvements

Screen Shot 2018-05-22 at 11.34.50 AM.png

great to see that resilio is still beeing maintained. the new version works well - is there also a build for synology nas? (e.g. armada370)

Installation Instructions (still with the old 2.5.12 link)

https://help.resilio.com/hc/en-us/articles/206664850

3 hours ago, Gane O'dwyer said:

@dirtNnasty If you need armada370 package please install this one. @Sven E. Unfortunately I have added wrong package. Please try to install this one.

resiliosync_armada370_2.6.0-1.spk

No, I need a working version for armada 38x.

I downgraded to previous version using "resiliosync_armada38x_DSM6_2.5.12-1.spk"

Are you sure, your file is ready for DSM6.2?

On 5/30/2018 at 5:19 AM, Forceflow said:

I'd like to upgrade - when will the LInux package lists (http://linux-packages.resilio.com/resilio-sync/deb) be updated?

It will be updated when 2.6.0 version is released, no ETA unfortunately. Provided build 2.6.0.1298 is just a release candidate for community testing only.

hi. testing one of my clients on the RC and looks good; however I noticed one power property not migrated.

Lan broadcasting was taking down my router for some reason, so I had this disabled. In the new version I see the setting enabled by default again. So either it didn;t get migrated well or there's a reason to keep it enabled. Anyway, I'm turning it off.

Edited by fink
    Location of the setting changed

I've installed version 2.6 on several armhf devices (Debian 8, Debian 9 on Odroid XU4 and HC) and on MacOS 10.13.5), and two more armhf devices I left on 2.5.

Everything works well for almost a week. But I've noticed that new web interface gives higher CPU load on client site (Safari 11.1.1), especially when I open these nice resilio network and disk usage graphs:

image.thumb.png.3fc2529df753d631308f42ca44bc5bbc.png

Also, there is a small cosmetic issue (WebGUI):

image.png.76df39a5dbd9d63a88bc34509460c6d9.png

On 5/29/2018 at 1:27 PM, Gane O'dwyer said:

@dirtNnasty If you need armada370 package please install this one. @Sven E. Unfortunately I have added wrong package. Please try to install this one.

resiliosync_armada370_2.6.0-1.spk

tried this file on a synlogy ds213j - same problem here like dirtNnasty: "Der Paketdienst konnte nicht ausgeführt werden" - seems the build is not working yet.

downgraded to 2.5.12-1 version - (resiliosync_armada370_DSM6_2.5.12-1.spk)

happy to get updated info when a new rc is ready...

Just found resilio deleting my files while it shouldn't, fortunately to the archive. Not sure if this is RC related, but since it occurred there, I'm posting it here. I can't provide logs, so steps to reproduce are below.

• Two nodes in this setup, both on RC version. One (A) is rpi, the 2nd (B) is mac
    • The sync is basically A -> B. The scope is a SUBFOLDER, let's say with 10 files, 100MB each.
    • Copy SUBFOLDER to resilio shared folder on A. The sync starts from A to B.
    • When ca. 5 out of 10 files are synced, rename SUBFOLDER to SUBFOLDER2 on B.
    • In my case the sync stops. SUBFOLDER is renamed to SUBFOLDER2 on both nodes, but it has only 5 files synced. The other 5 are in Archive on A, in SUBFOLDER.

This is not the action I'd expect. I haven't deleted anything. I understand why it happened, but if rename comes before the sync is completed, put it at the end of a queue. Or prohibit renaming while sync's progress.