selective sync (sub)folders

Hey guys,

I am trying to figure out how the selective sync works.

My original folders is on the NAS with all data.

On my laptop I like to use my internal disc which is not big enough for the whole NAS folder

So selective sync is a great tool to use. As a Dropbox user I also use Selective Sync and I can browse though all folders and sub folders and just sync the subfolders I need to work with.

When I now remove a folder from my Laptop for Selective Sync I get a placeholder for this folder and I can not browse trough the folder to select just 1 file and sync it when I need it.

Since I have a lot of folders and sub folder I love to browse through all my folders that are off-line and just sync the files/folders I need

I hope I described it correctly and love to hear some tips.

@Stefan Segers That is on the Mac device I can suppose?

So selective sync is a great tool to use. As a Dropbox user I also use Selective Sync and I can browse though all folders and sub folders and just sync the subfolders I need to work with.

You are right. Better remove files from the subfolder and let them converted to placeholders instead of removing from the device this subfolder.

When I now remove a folder from my Laptop for Selective Sync I get a placeholder for this folder and I can not browse trough the folder to select just 1 file and sync it when I nee d it.

Yep, I'm totally agree! Sometimes it confuses me. I ran into no such file or directory errors in my project and then I remember f4kig placeholder file ?

Sometimes its not clear what you've synced or not during selective sync and its not so easy to figure out.

Sounds great!

For now I stop using Resilio because it's speed is really slow compared with Dropbox. I have a lot of RAW's/JPEG's and Capture One (small files of 10kb) and XMP files which are small too.

WHen I want to sync it takes a lot of time ... I do have almost no CPU usage, but it really takes a lot of time to backup :(

Tried every tip on the "Why is Resilio slow" page

I do work with 3 computers and 2 nasses which have all fast connections