Problems while syncing bcs of Alternate Data Stream Data

KlFlH

You need to add streams names into StreamList file. So, for example if you want to sync well-known "Zone.Identifier" stream, you need to add a line into StreamsList file:

Zone.Identifier

StreamsList file syntax supports standard wildcards "" and "?" where "" represents any amount of any symbols and "?" represents singe unknown symbol. So, if you've got multiple Zone.xxxx streams (for example, Zone.Identifier and Zone.InternalData) they can be handled with single entry in StreamsList:

Zone.*

StreamsList should be edited on all peers that want to send and receive alt streams / xattrs. If you leave one of peers that does not have your stream included, it is going to:
a) not receive streams
b) won't sent them, of course.

Streams are treated by Sync pretty much like files, so they are going to be passed thru relay server and thru peers that do not support alt streams (these peers will save streams in a special files inside .sync directory).

Hope it helps.

• 2 months later...

Thank you very much! This answer helped (even as I am replying very late).

What I haven't understood is: Resiliy Help says:

"For simplicity we'll call both alt streams and extended attributes with term "xattrs" below."

AND

"xattrs and IgnoreList
Xattrs cannot be ignored by IgnoreList. If you want to stop some xattr from being synced - simply remove it from StreamsList."

So I didn't really want to sync them (even if until now I am not quite sure if loosing some alt streams could cause problems), but ignoring them has caused so many error messages...

Second point is: I have lots of folders in .Streams folder but no file in this particular folder (or any other folder) . Have I deleted it unfortunatly or do everyone simply has to create a new, blank file when he want to use StreamList? So do I just have to create a file with ending .txt?!

Another Question: I know how to put ADS on StreamsList. But what to do with the ADS changed before?! I assume there is a possibility to restore them via the files in the folder .Streams mentioned before. But how to do  it (and not to do it manually for all over 6000 ADS...)?!

Thank you in advance!

• 1 year later...
On 9/5/2018 at 3:02 PM, KlFlH said:

Another Question: I know how to put ADS on StreamsList. But what to do with the ADS changed before?! I assume there is a possibility to restore them via the files in the folder .Streams mentioned before. But how to do  it (and not to do it manually for all over 6000 ADS...)?!

Thank you in advance!

Unfortunately Sync neither creates files in .streams folder nor controls them.

That's why it can't restore them.

Possibly QNAP team has relevant information about it's data format.

On 10/18/2019 at 4:24 PM, Alex. said:

Unfortunately Sync neither creates files in .streams folder nor controls them.

That's why it can't restore them.

Possibly QNAP team has relevant information about it's data format.

Unfortunatly I can't follow your answer, I think it isn't correct.

I am absolutely sure, the folder ".streams" was created by Resilio Sync and not by myself or QNAP.