Can only link two devices

Scott Lindner

I am a new Resilio Sync Pro user. Although I bought the license a long time ago I'm just now starting to try to use it. Long ago I could get all of my devices to be linked under the same identity. Like my work computer, home desktop, home laptop, and mobile phone all could be linked under the same identity. When I try to do this now linking a third device will remove the previously linked device such that I can only have two devices linked to the same identity at any one time. Is this intended behavior or am I experiencing a bug with the software?

There seems to be a bug that causes this cycle to start all over when one of the clients is on a network that blocks some of the traffic. I have had to recreate my identities multiple times due to my work's network. As soon as I try to link a device that is on my work's network, all of my devices are removed and I have to by creating a new identity all over again.

Crate identity on each device (or whatever setup you have now). Select the device to which you want to link others. Let it be device A. there go to Identity -> Link device. 
Copy the M-key and send it to other devices B, C, D..... There paste the M-key into 'Manual connection'. they will all link to A.

If among B, C, D, E.... you have a mobile, then on A device show the QR code and scan it with a mobile device. It will link to A and others. 

This is how it works

That doesn't work. When I first create the identity on each device, that's how I get in the cycle of only two devices at a time. The only way I can get more than two devices linked is to create an identity on only one device. However, as soon as I try to link a device and it fails for whatever reason, the house of cards comes tumbling down and i have to start all over again. That's fine since I'm just starting up, but once I get this all rocking and I need to add a new device for whatever reason and the house of cards comes tumbling down, it will be an enormous amount of work to recreate everything again. You really should try doing what I'm saying so you can see how it fails broken. Is there a way to submit a PR?

Linking works correctly and allowing linking more that two or three devices. Again, please just take the M-key from one device and paste it to Sync on others. You just select a so-called master device and link other to it, not vice versa. 

Please contact support with exact steps that you do and a few screenshots. 

• 4 years later...